Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We get to leave work early today!  It has been snowing for 7 straight hours.  We have at least 5" and it is still snowing.  I went home at lunchtime and the puppies didn't even want to go outside.  It has been bitter cold here (11 for a high today and yesterday we woke up to -2 plus wind chill for a total of -15)  Schools are letting out early and I can't wait to get home and snuggle up with the boys!  I have to tell you though, I am getting tired of this! :(

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
[quote="mom2scout&gunner\";p=\"2998":q5jhktdq]We get to leave work early today!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I'm sorry.  I can't really relate.  We live south of Houston.  The coldest we've gotten so far this winter is 34.  A couple of years ago we had 13 inches of snow on Christmas Eve!  Luckily we didn't have a puppy back then, but it killed my roses!
Stay warm! :D
Zhanna

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It's been pretty cold here, but we generally don't get any snow, maybe a light dusting every so often....The cold doesn't seem to bother Samson, other than he creaks a bit in the morning  :lol: ,,he actually has more energy when it's cold...My other 2 loved the snow..They were in quarantine when we had a huge snow fall and they had a blast playing in it...

So all you people that have snow, get us some pictures of the kids playing in it!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
its only -4 of a nght here in northern ireland and we just at 2 now my hose still froze we had a litter of babies born yesterday and they nice and warm under the lamps ,we meant to gt snow tonight tomorrow,and friday ,saturday ahhhhhhhhhhh we all be snowed in fat chance heeee , :eek:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Its been pretty cold here.We had like 5 inches.Our pups love going out  and playing in it.Our schools here are going on their third day being closed.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thermals, boots, gloves and hats on here in Central Illinois.  Gunner loves the snow and loves to romp around.  Scout doesn't care for it but will be coaxed out the door for a boxer burn occasionally.  Usually he justs runs out and back in as quickly as he can.   We take the boys out but they have to have sweatshirts on when we do and even then it can't be for too long.

I think I'm just tired of it.  It's been like this for 3 weeks and the forecast says it won't reach at least 30 degrees until February 19th.  The wind chills are killing me - I have windburn on my cheeks all the time now.  I also think I was spoiled.  December was in the 40's.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It is cold & wet here in Northern California, but definitely not as cold and no snow.  I'm not a winter person.  I can definitely tolerate heat more than cold.  I'm ready for SPRING/SUMMER.

Stay as warm as possible and cuddle up with your boxers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We are going on our third day of school closing also. Chloe wanted nothing to do with it. She refused to go out in the snow until the kids went out to play in it then she of course had to be out there with them (also with a sweatshirt on). But the whole time she was standing there like ok have you had your fun yet we can go in now. LOL

·
Registered
21 Posts
You guys need to come to Canada. Today was not too bad, -29 degrees celcius.
The other day it was -39 degrees celcius with the wind chill factor.
You just could not get warm.

On the Boxer side of things. My little baby had a visit to the vet on Monday. The breeder said that all is well. Here is an update pic of Bailey. Can not wait for her to come home.

Linda

·
Registered
45 Posts
it has snowed here!! from about 3 am this morning it started and is still going!! high today -3 low today -2.........not too bad........rossi loves going out in the snow...he is like a kid!!!!!! x x michelle

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Wow guys,, sounds like almost everyone is having some really cold weather.....Definitely keep those babies warm yawl..I've seen some awfully cute coats and such to keep them warm.....Bama isn't quite soo bad...Yesterday was lovely, I  got out and did some rose pruning with my "helper"..Today it about 15 degrees colder and raining.... :(   Come on spring time!!!!!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Weather forecast says not above freezing now until 2/21 or after.  I told hubby last night that when we retire, we will move somewhere where it is about 70 degrees year round.  Not sure where that is but I'm getting tired of the cold.

I work in barge dispatch and my river is now closed because of the ice.  You should see some of the pictures that are coming across!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
We have a feezing rain this morning, poor Samson was slipping all over the place as he went outside to do his morning thing...Supposed to get even colder too, but no snow... :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts