Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got our first snow storm of the season yesterday.  It was so cool and the dogs went into shock.  Sophie went out and got soaked lol and loved it.  Kane wasn't nearly as impressed.  Just thought I let you know that it has officially cooled off here today and it's time to get the winter gear!!!  Hope it cools off for your Southerners soon!!!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:cry: i want snowwwwwwwwww... :cry:
i dont think hawaii woulld be very happy with me though if i requested it haha

i bet the dogs will love it kate...i know mine would but they were raised here so they would be like wow what is thattttttttttt haha

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it mostly rained all day, but for about an hour or two it did snow really big flakes.  They didn't stick to the ground as it was still to warm (over 80 degrees the day before).  But we always love our first snow storm of the year.  Hope it is just a peak of things to come as we are in a drought in the western US.  Ky I'm sure you are right, people leave here and go there to get away from the snow, but I was born here during a blizzard and I guess I will always love the snow -- so do the skiers!!!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
ya..i miss it alot..theres nothing like the excited feeling you get when you see the first snow fall..i could never stay here forver i miss the seasns changing.the anticipation of whether itll snow for xmas...spring ..etc...its always the same here and when you are used to winters and snow and how gorgeous that first snowy day is..you feel like you are out of place...xmas at the beach? weird..was fun the first year but now im all set haha

enjoy the snow..:) take pics if u can..

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I love fall, spring, summer and winter here but do dread the extremes of summer and winter.  Can't wait to see Kiah in the snow for the first time; she must have seen snow last year but don't know if she liked it or not.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear ya Ky!  We lived in Las Vegas, NV for 15 years until moving back to Utah a year ago - so I know what it's like to not see snow in years.  Of course we also didn't have to worry about ice on the roads which was nice, but I missed having a White Christmas.  We had the lights in Vegas ha ha ha, but they were on palm trees!!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
First snow Kate? Wow, and you didn't get pictures.....Shame.... [-X ..Cooled off a bit here as well, but looks like it's not lasting too long...

·
Registered
352 Posts
wow, 80 degrees one day, a snow storm the next???  that's so crazy!!!  :)  

last year we hardly got any snow, i was so bummed as i love it!  i hope we get more this year; i think madeline would enjoy it, too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
We are not even close to snow yet!  It is scheduled to be 82 today!  I grew up in CT, so I've had plenty of snow, but DH and kids LOVE it cause they get the day off.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
You guys may be coolin off but here in East TN the forecast is mid 80's all week.  No chance or rain either.  We haven't hardly had any rain this year.  Alot of places have restrictions on water consumption.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm in Mass. and no snow yet but it has moved from 79 one day to 56 the next. I can't wait to see Logan in the snow.  8)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
We went from 80's and 90's to 50's and 60's and we had a bit of frost this morning! MAN! I am NOT ready...although the leaves are SO beautiful...Mic and Indy had their first rain and LOVED it...I am very relieved they aren't afraid of it and refusing to go out...my rat terrier used to stand on the back step and refuse to budge with that look of "how could you DO this to me???" LOL! The worst I will have now is muddy doggy prints in the
house!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Brrrrr.................And that is the reason I live in Florida!   :p   Do NOT miss it a bit!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Wow!  The coolest it has been here so far is 90!  Yesterday it wa 93, again!, and 68% humidity!
I hate this place, well the weather.  Can't wait till retirement and we can move to the hill country where it's nice and dry!
Hmmm, let's see . . . only 30 years to go!  HA! :lol:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I thought this was a joke when I seen the title.lol   OMG not snow already..no no no no!! I'm doing my anti snow dance now so NY shouldn't be seeing it anytime soon. heh..watch within the next week we will get a blizzard! that's just the way my luck is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts