Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... so I don't know how many of you know that we have 3 dogs. Odin our boxer, Kyrie our catahoula and Nikki the chihuahua. Anyway, I'd brought it up in June or so when we got Nikki from my father that she IS NOT SPAYED but she's also 12 yrs old so it's not really a good idea since she's so old to have it done... though they said we COULD if we wanted to.

We figured let's wait and see if it's even an issue..........

OMG!!! She is prancing her butt all over the place teasing Odin and getting him all wound-up!!! She walks right up to him and puts her butt in his face than when he's all hyper and following her every where... alert... she turns around and yipes at him!???? She's ALL OVER HIM!!! THIS COMING FROM A DOG THAT NEVER WANTS ODIN ANYWHERE NEAR HER!!!!! When she started spotting I bought her a diaper with pads and she POUTED FOREVER before she finally started walking around in it. The spotting has stopped and ever since yesterday she's been all "lovie-dovie" with Odin.

I'm really just venting here but does anyone have any idea how much longer this is going to last!???? They're driving us nuts!! AND POOR ODIN!! LOL

·
Registered
977 Posts
:lol:  What a hussy!!!! And a chihuahua + boxer wouldn't work really now would it :wink:
p.s. Thought i'd ask because you were so kind as to have made my sig - any idea how come it seems to have disappeared (i'm not very bright when it comes to computer stuff :roll: ??

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OMG!! REALLY!!??? LOL I may just get her spayed if that's the case!! I just love her to death really and I don't want to chance her not coming out of it okay when she could have lived several more yrs, you know!?? I just don't want to keep them seperated by having to lock one of them up the whole time... that's just crazy!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was this one right...? Sorry I moved it into your own personal folder... I was cleaning up photobucket because of all the sigs I'd made it was just a MESS... so I was making sub folders of everyone I'd done.

Maybe I should post saying that incase there is anyone else having the same problem... SORRY!!!

·
Registered
977 Posts
:oops: Sorry! I thought it was something i'd fiddled with unknowingly :wink:  -  :bsty:  for getting it back :dance:  - i still love it! You've been doing some fantastic ones recently - but i'm not bored of this one yet!  :D Right now i'm going to fiddle around to see if i can get it working again. -Thanks again Marie.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
The heat cycle is 3 weeks...One week coming in...one week of bleeding...last week of going out of heat which is the week they are really going to start flirting because it is the time they can actually get prego!  :lol:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OMG THANKS SOOOO MUCH!!! JUST ONE MORE WEEK!!!!!! She just stopped bleeding like 2 days ago... and OMG you'd think she was 2 YRS OLD not 12!!! She's prancing all over the place being a little hussy!!!!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
If memory serves, and I'm not sure it does lol, the best time for conception is after the discharge turns from bright red to kind of a light straw yellow or almost clear.  This is about 8 to 10 days after you first see the red discharge.  It is during this stage most females will allow a dog to breed her. The estrus stage can last between four and seven days.  The last stage last for another few day and that is when she is going out of season, and although she will still be giving off "the scent," she will be out of the mood to breed.  I would think that at age 12 you don't have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
ROTFLMAO.....I know it isn't funny, but I just have this picture of Nikki strutting around and sticking her backend in poor Odin's face.....Such a hussy...... :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts