Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I called the breeder that appeared to be the most reputable from the websites I was seeing, Moosewood Boxers, and they informed me that they actually recently bred one of their females and are waiting to see if she's with pups! I was initially upset that they weren't planning on breeding again until March or April, but I guess the website is a little out of date considering that the last edit date on the bottom is from 2012! I filled out a puppy application and asked all the normally recommended questions that I couldn't find an answer to on their website, and I have to admit that I was decently impressed. They seem to be exactly what I was looking for in a breeder. I'm very excited to find out on FRIDAYYYY if their female is pregnant. :clap: I'm thinking of naming my girl Serenity, what do you think?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ohh but what if I end up getting a boy? What should I name him?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
We have a boy he is very sweet and laid back. I think the females are more dominant, bossy like. LOL Our boy is Kai. I really don't even know how we came up with it, just saw him and it came to mind, plus its short and I liked that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kai is a great name and from the looks of it you have a very handsome boy! My first boxer was male, and I was very fond of his temperament. I might get a male. :) Ahh but the issue of a name!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called the breeder today and she confirmed that her girl is pregnant and the litter is due November 9th!!! I'm still not sure whether I'll get a boy or a girl. Really it all comes down to temperament. Either way, I'm so excited to go and visit after the puppies are born! When is a good time to visit the breeder and look at the puppies? Does anyone have any tips (or links to good websites) on how to determine temperament in puppies?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am a huge geek, and the reason I wanted to go with Serenity as a female name was because I'm a fan of the sci-fi show Firefly, and Serenity is the name of the ship.

I've thought of a few other, equally geeky names for a boy.

Porthos (The name of Captain Archer's beagle in Star Trek:Enterprise)
Mal (The name of the captain of Serenity)
Kansas (The band who made Carry on My Wayward Son and the state where the Winchester brothers from the show Supernatural were born)
Cas(tiel) (The name of the angel who befriends Sam and Dean Winchester from Supernatural)
Colt (For Samuel Colt, who made a gun that could kill supernatural beings in the show Supernatural)

If you have any geeky name suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like Kansas too. It's between Kansas and Colt for a boy right now, and my friend convinced me to name a girl Charlie instead of Serenity.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have not visited the breeder just yet. Do you think that I should visit before the puppies are born?

They're taking the dam to the vet to find out how many puppies she's having on the 1st of November. So far she is doing well. It's an uneventful pregnancy and everything is going smoothly. This is the first litter they've had in two years.

I and one other are the only people on the waiting list at the moment, though she's gotten a few calls from interested people who haven't yet sent in applications.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Alaska,Serenity I would shorten to Seri, as for Remi I love it. I had a Remy for 10 1/2 years great gal.
Moosewood I sort of remember her, I know that she made a few Champion's,years ago.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts