Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Free to good home 6 year old boxer that if she is still available I will be going to get her.  I also found her on craigslist and this was what her current owner had to say.
Free to a good home. Doesnt do well with small kids. She snips at them, but has never drew blood (but doenst mean she wont). This is the only reason I need to get rid of her, I have a 3yr old and a baby on the way. She doesnt need to be put on a leash or anything when outside, she stays right in the yard. We have only had her about 2 months and the last owner said she had another dog and 2 cats and she did well with. She likes to sometimes chase my cat, but would never hurt him. She likes attention, when you leave your house you will need to put her in a room/cage or she gets in garbage or dishes. She is housebroken and thinks she is a lapdog, she is very sweet with adults. Also good watch dog. She is not fixed and I have NO paperwork for her at all, including shot records. If interested or have any questions please contact me. She SEEMS to be ok with older children, as long as they dont hang on her.
And here is her picture

Hopefully she is available... I would really hate for her to have to go to another ignorant owner!

G

·
0 Posts
yeah, I saw her on craigslist while i was lookig for another dog...the age worried me as we wanted a younger dog that would be easier to train.  Good luck getting her though!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Her description sounds like a "normal boxer" except for the nipping at kids and you never know the story there.  The 3 year old could be a terror to her.  I remember how my kid acted at 3 sometimes :)......Good luck with her.  Since she can not provide vaccination info I hope she has been cared for.  At the age of 6 I would not be as concerned about shots as I would with her heartworm status.  Good luck!!! Let us know.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
She looks like a sweetheart...Sounds like she has been bounced around a bit, what a shame and could be the reason sh ehas a few issues, just needs someone to "care"..Good luck & keep us posted....Oh and Aquagirl, an older dog doesn't mean it's harder to train...Samson was 6 when I adopted him and he took to obedience training like a champ...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently she is still available and im going to take Summer out to meet her sometime this weekend. I hope everything goes well, as I would like to give her a furever home. She needs some stability and comfort thats for sure.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aquagirl if you seen this on craigslist you must live somewhere close to detroit. Am I correct?

G

·
0 Posts
I'm from Kalamazoo, it's about 3 hours, and I was looking in kalamazoo, grandrapids, jackson, detroit and chicago for a puppy that was not expensive.

There is one in grandrapids that was 2 years old champion bloodline male who was 250...there were a few others too

·
Registered
933 Posts
Awwww she's a cutie!  Good luck!  I hope you can take her home and give her all the love she deserves.  Keep us posted.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Good luck.  She needs a stable home and some extra love.  Our rescue Berkeley had been shuttled around from home to home before we got her.  She had some issues mostly from being moved around so much, no training and abuse but she was the most loving baby ever.  She also learned very quickly and was very willing to please.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Isis was almost 5 when we brought her home...and had been treated BADLY to say the absolute least ! shes a DOLL !!!! she jsut needed to know that no one would hurt her including the kids..and that was LOVED..

dont worry about the age..they adapt just fine..Isis was kept in a concrete cage as a puppy machine for all those years..we had to house train her everything...and shes jsut fine...
and deaf so she couldnt hear us lol but it doesnt matter...youd never know her ears were "broken" lol, unless i told you

i agree with Sharon though ..worry more about heartworm...we had NOTHING for records on Isis either..shes fine...we jsut updated all her shots,got her fixed and went fromt here

good luck sweetie and keep us posted...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys I don't know if she is going to let me have her. She lives kinda far from me so I told her that if I came out there I could only afford to do it once. I told her that if I brought summer out there and they got along that I would have to take her home the same day. I asked if that would be ok and I have recieved no answer, however I also posted an ad on craigslist searching for a dog that needed to be rescued. I got a reply from her pertaining to that ad but nothing from the last message I sent her... I wonder whats up with that.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that. I hope you hear back from her....

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im waiting for her to call now so we can set up a time. Im gonna be a momma again! YAY!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I hope you hear back soon! She is a sweetie, I don't think its too much to ask to bring her home that day. My fingers are crossed for you, and let us know when you find out!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello. Sorry I didnt call last night. We had friends over and they didnt go home until late. Anyway while we had friends over last night one of them realized a sore on her ear and she immediately snipped ta him. We realized that is wh she is snapping at my daughter. We plan on getting her checked out and if that doesnt work out that I will give you first dibes. You sound like great people, and really had plans on givig her to you if you wnated her. But since we found this out we would liek to give her a shot agian. I'm sorry that you will be not be getting her, but I am sure you understand. Sorry!
So im not getting her, A little upset right now.

G

·
0 Posts
that sucks...a similar thing happened to us and the beagle pup we were getting ...they decided that they just couldnt' part with him...so they kept him

1 - 20 of 24 Posts