Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing somebody else measured their dog got me to thinking how tall Kaiser is.  He is just taller than our runt Haylee, who is 6 years old.  So the official weigh in is 47 pounds and 22 inches at the withers.  Happy 5 month B day little man

Attachments

·
Registered
948 Posts
22 inches as 5 months?!?!? HOLY POOP!!! He IS big! Toby's 23in and 90lbs so wow.. I could only imagine how big he's gonna be!

·
Registered
977 Posts
The shoulders i think. Kaiser's a big guy - and he'll grow until the age of 3ish. Love the ears!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I started a thread regarding this...To measue them, it's from the floor to their shoulders....Kaiser is a big boy...Really big!...Breed standard for a male is 22 1/2" to 25"..He will slow down after a year, altho some have a spurt at about 18 mos or so...Are his parents tall? German boxers are a lot taller than their American counterparts and a lot of boxers here have German bloodlines...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
both of the parents were big, but I am used to my runt who is 20 inches and 55 pounds.  the parents I considered normal size.  When I picked him out I got the biggest one, not because of that but because his sad puppy look, I couldn't say no

·
Registered
780 Posts
He looks alot like our Ziggi.   They look so cute together!  

How do your wood floors hold up?  We put them in, in December and had to put alot of rugs down to try and save the floors and keep the dogs from slidding around!  :?

We have one that is 6 (Teaki) and she gets a little put out by Ziggi and puts him in his place...even though her head only comes to his shoulder.  We had a runt too (our Berkeley) and Teaki seemed big compared to Berk but man Ziggi is the biggest boxer I have seen around here!  His dad was very big but his mom was pretty normal in size maybe even a little small compared to most.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we have a german shepard and 2 kids, we went with pergo.  My parents have wood floors and had to redo them when they had bigger dogs so that swayed my decision.

·
Registered
780 Posts
We were told that pergo would scratch, we actually wanted bamboo but was told that would be even worse.  Wish we would have tried pergo now, they have left some really nice marks in the flooring which we will have to redo someday when we don't have boxers.....which will probably be never!  :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am glad we went with pergo, it is holding up really well.  we do have one small spot that a drink was spilled and no one cleaned it up, the seam raised just a little but I notice it because I know it's there.  My kids have done everything they can to destroy it and it is hold up well.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Wow... he's a big boy... Odin's 19 inches and weighs in at 30 lbs... he's 4 months old now (16 wks). They look so cute together. Odin, Sarah and the ferrets are destroying the carpet we have. When it's time to get new carpet I'd love to get hard wood floors instead!

·
Registered
948 Posts
We put laminate flooring and with 4 dogs and 7 cats running around, I haven't hardly noticed a scratch yet... They said it was scratch proof.. Which is why we bought it.. We're house hunting now, so I'm looking for a big yard and floors with can be easily redone!  :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK an update, my wife and I measured and weighed him last night... at 5 mos 2 weeks he weighs 51 pounds and is just under 24 inches...  he is growing superfast

1 - 19 of 19 Posts