Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a boxer baby for a neighbor if the neighbors don't do such a good job of caring for him...I'm starting to wonder if he will end up in a shelter or worse...they have no fence...he's home alone all day and in an outdoor kennel for the most part... after they get home when they let him out "to go to the bathroom", he runs off...most often, to the house next door which allows him to run along the fence and play with our babies...I feel sad for him...he's lonely and he's allowed to run off(they don't try to come get him, even though he's just in the neighbors open back yard) Maybe I am wrong...I am just concerned for him...there is a busy road just around the corner...I don't know how the neighbors feel about it...but, they have an old dog of their own(yep...with no fence) haven't seen the older one out there when the young boxer is...but, it seems like a recipe for trouble to me...He's such a sweetheart...I hate to see him unprotected...we are SO careful with our babies...we don't leave ANY room for trouble with neighbors or the public in general. He's only one year old!

Thanks for letting me vent...

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
awww sweetie..i would feel the same way...i hate that !!!..i want to leave here im so sick of it...ask your neighbor to move and well more there instead :D and keep their pup :D :D

i hope things get better...maybe you need a 4th? hehehe..maybe they dont know any better? some really dont even though we cant understand that ...maybe make friends a little and see? maybe you can help them understand? i cant think of anyone that would be better for that job:D

much love and many alohas to you, the boys , Kelly & of course the fur faces...

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Jeanene, I feel your frustration and that is like the atitude of most people here...No body has a fenced yard, nobody with the exception of us & our neighbor keeps their dogs inside...The guy behind us, his female just came into heat again, and did he bring her in? Of course not, she's getting knocked up by every Tom, Dick & Harry in the neighborhood. So we will have another litter of half breeds that wil eventually be roaming around here....

Me, I would want to be scooping up that Boxer, but I know you cant do that..Perhaps a nice talk with them? Maybe it might help..That is so sad... :(

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Are there leash laws in you locality?  You can't do anything about them leaving the puppy outside all day but if someone in my city was letting their dog run around like that, they would get cited.  You always make the cost of having the dog too great so they have to shelter him and give him a chance of a better home.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
That is so sad, it would break my heart to see that.  Why have a dog, if it is not going to be part of the family.  I just don't understand it.

We have leash laws here but a lot of people let their dogs off leash around their house.  As long as the neighbors don't complain they won't get a ticket ($250).

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Who leaves their puppy outside unattended all day?     What is wrong with people?  How many stories do we really need to read about outside dogs getting killed....

I agree with Ky.  Maybe if you get friendly with these people you can offer to take him for a walk a couple of times a week.  That way you can drop some hints to them as time goes on that they are neglecting this poor dog.   Give them a bigtime guilt trip. If that didn't work, I'd probably become a real shitty neighbor   :lol:   I know that's wicked immature but I couldn't fake it with people like that.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ky_IsisnOnyxsMama\";p=\"60180 said:
awww sweetie..i would feel the same way...i hate that !!!..i want to leave here im so sick of it...ask your neighbor to move and well more there instead :D and keep their pup :D :D

i hope things get better...maybe you need a 4th? hehehe..maybe they dont know any better? some really dont even though we cant understand that ...maybe make friends a little and see? maybe you can help them understand? i cant think of anyone that would be better for that job:D

much love and many alohas to you, the boys , Kelly & of course the fur faces...
Yeah...We did go over and meet them and we are hoping to get to know them better...told em we LOVE boxers and totally understand the breed(to which he looked a bit mystified...like "Wow...somebody understands them?") I am hoping to have more opportunities and then maybe I can share some of what we've learned...here's hoping!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
samsonsmom\";p=\"60196 said:
Jeanene, I feel your frustration and that is like the atitude of most people here...No body has a fenced yard, nobody with the exception of us & our neighbor keeps their dogs inside...The guy behind us, his female just came into heat again, and did he bring her in? Of course not, she's getting knocked up by every Tom, Dick & Harry in the neighborhood. So we will have another litter of half breeds that wil eventually be roaming around here....

Me, I would want to be scooping up that Boxer, but I know you cant do that..Perhaps a nice talk with them? Maybe it might help..That is so sad... :(
I have thought more then once "Heck...what's one more? We could have FOUR!"ROTFLOL!  (I AM kidding...even to myself...we are feeding all we can feed appropriately...and BESIDES...one more dog and I'd have to apply for a registration as a kennel!LOL! You are allowed three dogs and three cats in this town!)

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
[quote="sully\";p=\"60286":3i5rkegv]Who leaves their puppy outside unattended all day?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts