Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we are so proud of our little buddy, Baxter!! He passed his last test to be a Therapy dog team tonight! Maddy has been in the program for a little over a year now, so it will be great now that Baxter and my Husband can join us on our visits :D

·
Registered
663 Posts
Congrats to both of your babies and to you and your husband.  I know that it takes a lot of work for this.  I wish I could do something like that with my babies.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Woo Hoo!!!  That's great news. Congrats!!!  Keep up the good work Baxter.

·
Registered
220 Posts
AWESOME!!!!  Keep up the good work.

Scott

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
That wonderful, way to go Baxter.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone, it's neat now that we can all go! Not that Baxter really cared, he always stayed home with a fresh marrow bone to distract him! It is really a great experience though to be able to help others and they always appreciate it so much! We are with Fido's for Freedom, based out of Laurel, Maryland. They are a great organization, they do more than just Therapy  Dog visits. They also are involved in training and placing service and hearing dogs with clients.

Aquagirl- I really recommend looking in your area for a similar organization to join with Jetta. I heard about such programs from a friend and went home and goggled "Therapy Dogs, Md" and that was how I found them! If Jetta loves attention and you have free time, its a great way help others! Not to mention the training at no cost to you...all you have to do is attend(at least its that way with this organization)!!!!

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
that is so awesome! baxter is going to be such a good therapy dog!!! way to go!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hecks yah! My GF needs therapy, can you guys help?  :lol:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
That is fantastic..Congrats to both of you....That is a great accomplishment

1 - 14 of 14 Posts