Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my mother and I went to the mall this afternoon. Im in town visiting until tomorrow. So we walked into the pet shop at this mall to look for a pet carrier for my new pup because his first vet visit is on Monday! Well I refused to buy ANYTHING from that darn store! They had puppies EVERYWHERE! I mean their boxers were just sad and lonely-- didnt even look up when i whistled or tapped on the TINY glass cage... poor things... grrr Im sorry im just venting-- this just makes me so angry! I think pet shops with animals for sale should be done with... :evil:

I dont know if you guys agree with me, and its ok if you dont. Im just angry about all the dogs they had! and they had rabbit things that looked to be crossed with guinea pigs... just nasty and I wanted to buy every puppy and find them good homes... I just wanted to get them out of the situation they were in--- poor things  :cry:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:cry: i think thats what keeps those stores in business..the pups look so sad b/c they are..:(

im right there with ya..i HATE those stores and to know the story behind where they come from and the horrible conditions is jsut all the worse

:(

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I am lucky because we have no petstores in my city that i am aware of...other than the aquatic stores. We had one but it shut down a LONG time  ago. the poor puppies....i agree....i wish petstores that sell dogs and stuff werent around. Petsmart is ok, they hold adoptions on the first and third saturday here.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I totally agree and applaud the fact that you walked out! That is how they stay in business actually, preying on people who find these pups and kittens soo cute and feel sorry for them....If you read the stories of some of our members that have had expericnces with Boxers from puppy mills it will breakl your heart...

·
Registered
663 Posts
I too am lucky enough not to have anything but a fish store.  A pet store is like the pound for dogs who never had owners.... It's awful.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I agree I went into a store last month and seen a brindle boy that was 10 weeks old and looked as if he weighted 10 lbs. It was sad they didn't even have there cages cleaned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts