Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO Saturday Jeremy adopted a husky/aussie mix named her Drama, he went to our pet store that has adoptions on Saturdays and I guess Rocky loved her so she came home to stay.. They were fine all Sunday and then yesterday my baby Adrian got into Rockys adult food, she ate to too much and she wasnt used to it so by 1 oclock her stomach was the size of a bowling ball, it would hurt me just to look at her.. she looked so uncomfortable and then she started to puke, the first time was the size of 2 softballs... I had to work at 330 so I left and kept tabs and she was still huge Jer told me. I got home at 8 and she was outside.. Jer had someone over and they were talking and i didnt know so i let her in and she was ok for like 2 mins then started to puke.. so i put her back out.. i guess she had puked numerous times on the couch, on him, all over.. I was so worried by then my vet was closed so I called the 24/7 vet and that visit plus if she needed tests would have been $100+ we didnt know if the puppy brought something in because she had diaherra and puked a few times.. we put her to bed and i checked on her at 3 and she had puked just a lil i got up at 7 to get her to the vet right away... and then her whole crate was full of puke i was SOOOOOOO Worried..
The vet said it was the big dogs food and now she should be fine, her stomach had gone down to its normal size so there was nothing to show him so i HOPE he was right because shes my baby girl and i just love her so much!!!
We got some medicine and she appears fine, quiet and laid back but fine!
I was soo scared I was going to lose her...

·
Registered
162 Posts
I would have been scared too - especially since the Boxer is prone to bloat.

To prevent this in the future - you can feed Canidae All Life Stages - it is good for puppies, seniors, adults a like - you just feed different amounts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I appreciate it, and I am a good parent to my dogs.. I have sat in the very emergency room I could have taken my pup too last night for hours like I did the last time. But I trust my childhood vet and chose to wait till he opened at 8:00. If that makes me look bad, I'm sorry... But I assumed it was the food or something that could wait till morning, and could not afford a 200+ bill opposed to 60 what I spent today for the vet to tell me it was the food and to give me advice and medicine to help the situation...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts