Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

So little Tucker came home on Saturday! Sorry I havent been able to update with pictures and what not, but boy have we been busy! I really cant talk now, but I feel like a mom who has just dropped their child off at day care for the first time! He is out at my farm, but it is such a nasty day outside, he will spend his day in his huge 12 X 12ft box stall... Complete with beds toys water and he has a snack in there. He whimpered a little, but only when I walked into the barn-- so I think he should settle ok. In no time he wont want to leave lol-- I know as soon as he gets big enough to go outside and play with the bigger dogs he will absolutely love it there. (she only watches her horse clients/friends dogs, so she does not have this huge operation thing going on--- which i love! there are only a few doggies there at a time

G

·
0 Posts
aww so cute I hope everything goes as well as it has..he sounds like a dream..Glad you have him.

G

·
0 Posts
lucky you...he sounds like a big boy...jetta is 17 weeks and only 22 lbs, lol..he's gonna pass her up in no time!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Woo hoo Tucker is home....Your excitement is contagious  :lol: Glad it's going well and definitely we will need pics soon of that handsome boy

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Wow, Tucker sounds like a great boy.  Can't wait to see pictures.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Yay!  Tucker is home!  Sounds like things are going very very well!  Lucky you!  I should send Lola to you for a week to get some training! :lol:   Pictures soon!?!? :D

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Yay!! Can't wait to see some pics!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
aww you decided on tucker thats great he really looked like a tucker hehe

sounds like hes got it great day & night :D

good luck ..cant wait for pics

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys!!

I finally have a minute to post! I was worried sick all day because he had to be out at the farm for about 9 hours. Mondays are my busy days, granted I do not start until 2, but I do not get out of class until 9. My trainer could not be there when I dropped him off due to personal family reasons, so I was just so worried because he was in a stall, huge horse stall mind you, but alone none the less-- with big scary horses next to him whose head were about the size of his body. So he came to a strange house saturday, then by monday he was at another strange place all day-- and that just worried me.

Well I got there by 9 tonight and he was out with my trainer going for a walk :). She said he had a blast and was just a ham! She says he settled perfectly and was just great! He loved it so much he didn't want to leave. He tried walking back into the barn when we were finally ready to go, and then did what he usually does here walking away from the complex. Just sat and looked at me like "I don't wanna." But like I said I am just as stubborn as he is, so he finally walked over to my car ;). After we got home he just zoomed around the house, so about an hour later I decided it was time for bed-- he usually tires himself out playing, but not tonight. I said "come tucker, night night" and he followed me right into my room and straight into his crate. I turned the weather scan on which always plays smooth jazz, and he was out about 5 minutes later.

I dont want to jinx anything, but he has slept through every night so far! Im surprised at how well he settles into everything. One of the ladies at the complex said the honey moon will be over in about 2 weeks, and I believe her. Haha

I promise pictures soon, I took a bunch tonight. I just need to resize them, and time to do it... (suddenly the days started to seem shorter as soon as the puppy got home :) )

Here is a quick photo. (he's gonna be a big boy :) )

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Glad to hear that everything is going so well and it sounds like Tucker is loving the farm - should be a great thing for both of you.  Congratulations!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Sounds like Tucker is having an awesome life so far and adjusting quite well...That is a cute pic of him

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Happy to hear that Tucker is enjoying life! He does look like he's going to be a big boy.  :D

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
what a pretty pic..hes gorgeous ! im glad things are working so well for you...good luck :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts