Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, I don't post much but I do lurk often. Sadly I need to find a new home for my female Boxer Mileena. She attacked my cat twice now. :( She needs a home with no kitty cats. My male Murdoc is going to be lost without her. I hate to part with her but I have to think of my cats too. I am just heart broken.. :cry:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: So upset Mileena needs a new home

Aw, Gliderider I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how hard it is having to give up a pet. Just wanted to let you know you're both in my thoughts and I hope she finds a loving home. How long has she been with you?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: So upset Mileena needs a new home

Thanks everyone..I sure hope I find her a home soon. This is so hard. She is sweet most of the time. Every morning when I go to let her out of her crate. She will sit down and wants loved on before she goes out to potty. My male Murdoc will really miss her. They are best of buddies. I have had her since she was 12wks old. She will be 10 months this Thursday. We have been concerned about her high prey drive for awhile. We live on a farm and have horses, chickens and ducks as well. My male Murdoc is so much different then her. There is no animal behaviorist around here close enough. I live in a Podunk town. We don't even have a human society not that I would take her there. Just saying so you see how rural it is. My hubby says she has to go. This was the second time she went aggressively after a cat. She did not kill the cat but was found packing it around in her mouth by its head and shaking it. The cat is ok except for a whole in her ear. I fear for the next time. These are barn cats. They jump into the fenced in yard around my house where the Boxers run and play.
Here is a new picture from yesterday. Excuse my attire I just got in from the barn feeding.
[attachment=2:2my1xy2w]MileenaResized11-09.jpg[/attachment:2my1xy2w]

[attachment=1:2my1xy2w]MileenaHeadshotresize11-09.jpg[/attachment:2my1xy2w]

[attachment=0:2my1xy2w]Mileena11-09resized.jpg[/attachment:2my1xy2w]

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
what a beautiful girl she is. I wish I was closer (not that DH would let me get a third boxer). I know it's breaking your heart, but I understand. I grew up on a farm, and we had a dog that would chase our chickens and kill them. That dog had to go......broke my heart.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
give me the info. registration, vaccinations, training, spayed, etc.....
If you will send her to me I will take care of her and give her a boxer family.
I have to say though that I wont pay you money B/C imo if you are trying to do what is right and find her a suitable home you are not looking for a profit.
I would love to help you. If you would like then you may OM me :yes:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
If you would like to work on it, she can be rehabilitated...Many dogs have small animal prey drive....My trainer just rehabilitated a boxer that actually killed two cats....I have kitties as well, and my fosters always learn....wearing a leash is the first place I start then correcting ill behavior on leash...also I keep a baby gate to a room only the cats have access too, to give the kitties their peace and quiet....You would need to work with a behaviorist but it can be done...Good luck to you.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
brookesboxers said:
give me the info. registration, vaccinations, training, spayed, etc.....
If you will send her to me I will take care of her and give her a boxer family.
I have to say though that I wont pay you money B/C imo if you are trying to do what is right and find her a suitable home you are not looking for a profit.
I would love to help you. If you would like then you may OM me :yes:
I think this is just awesome....well..and fair....I hope it works out..

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
havent heard anything.... I hope you dont take Mileena to a "pound" she will mostly likely die there and that would be a horrible shame. let us know please.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:whistle:

·
Banned
543 Posts
I hate it when threads like this are left hanging. :oops:
I hope she's okay. :cry:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
This was only posted Saturday, she probably has just been too busy to stop back in.. with all those animals and a skin family too! We all know how busy it can get! 8O

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey guys I made a post on Sunday :) ..Sorry its been busy here lately. One of my good friends just lost her mother and I have been helping her. No no I would never take her to the pound. We don't even have one here in my town. I have been having to keep her kenneled when she is outside. That is the only way I can keep the cats safe. These are outside only barn cats that run my property. I have no way of keeping them away from her if she is not in my site outside or in a kennel when outside. The darn cats jump into my 1 acre chain link fenced yard around my house where the Boxers play. Even though the cats have 20 acres of other property without the boxers. There are no animal behaviorist around here as in my above post. We live in a Podunk town. We don't even have a pound/human society here. My husband says she has to go. We live on a farm with horses, chickens, ducks, at times young pigs and goats on top of the cats. So I can see his point even though it is a hard thing to do it is for the best for her and us. I have a gentleman coming tomorrow from over 6 hours away. He says he is taking her home. He sounds like a great home for her. He has Boxer experience. Lives on 30 acres and has one other Boxer a fixed male. He gave his vet as a reference to. He is giving me 250 for her trust me I am not making a profit. I have much more then that in her. She is up to date on everything. You all know how much you have in your boxers 250 is nothing. ;)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.