Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an email from the lady we rescued Gunner from.  I agreed to keep in touch with her and let her know how he is doing.  Get this....she is getting another puppy.  She sent a picture of him today (he is a flashy dark brindle) and is quite cute.  My heart broke when I read it.  She is a horrible owner  :evil:  :evil:   We took Gunner from a mud pit and he was sooo flea infested that you could see them running all over his little body.  I thought we solved the problem by taking him off her hands.  I guess not.  She was getting rid of the mama too about the same time.  She was going to go into raising rabbits instead.  

She is a four hour drive away from here and I want to tell her that if she ends up not wanting  him to let me know but we can't take in another boxer.  Two is our limit.  I am at my wits end and I know it will bother me for some time!  Thanks for letting me vent.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
People like that should not have pets!  :evil:  That really pisses me off at people. You would think she learned her lesson after Gunner, but I guess she didn't see anything wrong with the way she was raising him. So sad really. Poor animals.  :cry:

·
Registered
45 Posts
:evil: there should be a law against people like that being able to get another animal...you wouldnt do that with a child so why an animal??(well some people do i suppose) it just makes you sick...the panick you must be feeling now hun as to what is going to happen to this little one!! i must say that you have done an amazing job with gunner..he looks a very happy and contented boxer...you really turned him around from the sounds of it!! i hope you never get that call hun...lets just hope she takes the responsibility of looking after a new pup...(although she shouldnt be allowed!!) michelle x x

·
Registered
25 Posts
:twisted:  :twisted:  :evil:  :protest: that makes me very angry . i really hope your local authories can put a stop to this person so she cant subject any more animals to her cruel ways and teatment

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I agree with what everyone else has said.. Alert the authorities.. Explain that you got a dog from her in the past and let them know what shape he was in when you got him. Let them know that she is at it again...

This makes me very angry that people like that can continously get away with treating animals bad and no body does anything, plus, they don't think that they themself are doing anything wrong....

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No the SPCA was not involved when we went to get Gunner.  He had a brother at the time and she said someone was coming to get him too but when I ask her about him and where he is now, she never responds.  I did not know who to call but I will do some research on it now.  Thanks for all the tips!

·
Registered
6 Posts
:(  That is just horrible..my heart goes out for that little puppy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would mention it to her, personally.  I kow a lot of poeple avoid confrontation, but maybe you could ask her why she thinks she'll have mor time for a dog now as opposed to when she had Gunnar?  Something PC like that!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
ppl like that really p me off they get a dog get bored the dog ,starves and in real bad shape and then when the mood takes them they get another ,the breeder who sold it to her in the first place, they sound like the both need there heads banged together try and find out if you can who the breeder is to c if they can do something she needs treated the way she treated your poor dog and c how she feels awwwww some ppl make me soooooooooo mad :twisted:  :x

pps your dog looks lovely  :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts