Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We lost duke this last may and I just wanted to share some old pics of him I found.
This will be my first Christmas without him...

And it has been hell not having him here with us

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And some pics from his last week with us

That's him with his little brother we got him 7 days before we lost duke

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's trying but he makes it hard when eats the couch while I took a 5 min shower lol

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Duke was a handsome boy. It gets better in time but I know the pain you're going through. I had put my first boxer girl Bailey down April 4th, 2009. It took 3 years for me to feel it was ok to get a new buddy and I wound up getting two(best thing I ever did). I had had a HORRIFIC motorcycle accident in August of 08 and had literally just been able to move back home 3 weeks before her kidneys gave in. So I was walking with a cane, not able to function in life pretty much and then I finally get home to be with my girl and 3 weeks later had to have her put down.

It was the worst year ever. But the pain will cease and you'll smile at memories of him over time.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I am sorry for your loss. I feel your pain. We lost Bonnie on October 26th. People keep saying adopt another but until I can afford fencing I feel it would be dangerous.

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
Duke was a beautiful boy...I know it is hard for you right now, but, it will get better. Best wishes to you...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya I had a really hard time getting axle but he has made it allot easier for my 2 year old daughter duke was her best friend and followed her everywhere...

I was doing pretty good but then thanksgiving got here and then I realized it will be the first year since I had him he has not had his head on my lap every Christmas morning...

While doing gifts that hit me hard yesterday

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
So sorry for your loss. Duke was so handsome. The holidays are tough I lost my winnie just before christmas last year. It is hard.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Duke was gorgeous. It's an indescribable pain the loss causes. We lost our oldest 1 month ago, this will be the first christmas without her also. Sending strength to you and your family during the holidays.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts