Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my aunt just purchased a ckc boxer puppy from some lady in town that says she is a back yard breeder evidently. Well she paid $500 for him. The lady said that they were registered but she didnt have papers to give her cause she was still waiting on them.She took him to the vet yesterday and found out that the lady had lied about the shots. Her vet called that breeders vet and they were unable to say if the puppy had received his shots. So the vet had to give all the puppy shots, plus found out that he still has half of his declaw on his front left paw and he has had a loose stool. She also found out that the puppy isn't registered and that she will have to pay for it herself. After talking to my aunt and letting her know she made a mistake for purchasing this puppy she just said she didn't care she just wanted him. Well she just had to lay down $300 dollars because of this stupid breeder. To make matters worse the dad of the pups is only 1yrs old! So anyways after yelling at my aunt, she is all upset now and wondering if she should go to the breeder and let her know all of this.
What would you do if you were her?
:(  :(

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
IMO you get what you paid for.  If she *wanted* the puppy so bad and did not do any research, then she IMO has no right to bitch and complain about anything regarding what she has to lay down healthy wise for the dog.  Live in Learn is my motto with things like that - My sister has two dogs - pet store and BYB, she knows never to ever complain to me with regards to any health issues because she knows what she will hear.  I accep the dogs, they are loving friendly dogs, but also do have Health issues that could have been avoided *if* she just took the time and did a little research.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Well, she could tell the breeder about all these problems.  But it sounds to me like the breeder wouldn't care.  Obviously the breeder doesn't really care about the dogs or she would have done things right.  Sounds like auntie is just outta luck.  Hope all goes well with the pup.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Hhhmmmmm.. . .. least Auntie wants the pup and is prepared to try and right some of the breeders wrongs. :)

I doubt, as Zhana said, its worth approching the breeder caus they prob wont give two hoots, they are in it for money not anything else. :(

Good luck with the new baby and i hope all goes well for his little sake :roll:  :)

If i were her, id just get on with trying to do the best thing for my pup. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
If it were me, and I wanted to keep the puppy, I would still call the breeder and express my displeasure, if just to give them a piece of my mind and hope that they will do better by people next time.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Ok I TOTALLY read the post wrong.   My bad for my response.  I thought you were asking what should *you* and not *her*.

So IMO again, I would contact the breeder and make her aware of the issues with the pups.  Most of the time like others have said it could fall on deaf ears, but some may actually give a hoot and take into consieration and make sure the other pup are ok, and/or maybe rething their breeding plan.    IMO its worth a shot, may get you nowhere, but its worth a try to maybe educate someone than not:)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone :]
My aunt is going to try and say something.
I have a feeling the people aren't going to listen.
and we actually live in north Carolina not Canada
That is why i was kinda like why is she CKC and not the others?
Its all very strange to me!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
we have a section on ckc vs akc on here somewhere....its fairly easy to register with ckc and they dont ask for much proof which is why alot of byb's try to go through ckc...saying the dogs are papered

1 - 10 of 10 Posts