Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOW do you explain STATIC ELECTRICITY to a Boxer!ROTFLOL!  Miss Pua just got zapped when Mic crossed the carpet and rubbed up against Momma, before sitting by her and zapping her...to say she was offended is an UNDERSTATEMENT!LOL!

Just had to share my funny...I'm sure ya had to be there! ;)

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Ringer is constantly getting it on the nose because my couch is microfiber.

On the same note, I wouldn't recommend using a transfer board when moving a patient from one stretcher to the next if she is heavy and is wearing a wool sweater.  If you remember HS physics, rub a wool cloth on plastic rod and you get shocked.  Rub large wool cloth on large plastic sheet and your hand goes numb for a few minutes after that shock.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I would say get rid of the carpet and just do hardwood floors.  I am glad the house I bought only has hardwood floors.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[quote="dan.daugherty\";p=\"72904":32jdz27o]Ringer is constantly getting it on the nose because my couch is microfiber.

On the same note, I wouldn't recommend using a transfer board when moving a patient from one stretcher to the next if she is heavy and is wearing a wool sweater.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
The transfer board is used when you have two stretchers pushed together and you want to make a smooth low friction surface to slide the patient over.  It hurts sometimes to have you butt drug over two rails and if you have to pull 300lbs, it is pretty tough on the back without a board or six people.  So, there was nowhere for her to fall.  I actually got shocked when I put my hand on her shoulder to tell wish her well and say good bye.

G

·
0 Posts
yeah..it is funny what we medical people have to go through...haven't been shocked by a 300 lbs lady yet...though i almost threw out my back trying to keep one from falling out of bed and helping 5 other people get her back into her bed...that wasn't fun

G

·
0 Posts
Static.. never thought I'd have to explain that to my doggies....hmmm..got me stumped..

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[quote="dan.daugherty\";p=\"72915":3uwlrvmm]The transfer board is used when you have two stretchers pushed together and you want to make a smooth low friction surface to slide the patient over.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I am constantly zapping mine Jeanene, haven't notice any strange reactions tho....Every time Samson gets up from his bed I hear the static charge, but it doesn't seem ot bother him :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts