Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that's right, its Becks.  He is discovering his vocal cords, especially around new people and dogs?  

I definitely want to nip the excessive barking in the bud.  Any helpful tips?

He's at work today with me too, of course everyone loves him!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Sadie is the same way.  She's only 8 1/2 weeks old.  If I told her to be quiet everytime she was vocal it would be almost non-stop.  She gets going when her and Charlie are playing.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I'm no good for advice here! :D  When Voltaire learnt to bark i loved it and he'd listen to himself - it was so cute! And he barks now when i say certain things like: "Jean-No

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Jessie only barks at us... She never barks at other people or dogs...

funny...when ever a dog barks at her, she just looks at them like... dude, shut up! lol

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Beckham is so cute!  I love his coloring and his floppy ears!  Don't you love bringing him into work....makes the day more enjoyable.  I had Lola with me yesterday.....it's too quite in here today!  She's become vocal when playing....she'll bark at her balls, toys, us...etc.  When she sees new dogs or people she does the butt wiggle and licks them.  We're taking Lola to a trainer and he uses a choke chain.  So when Lola does something we don't want her to do, we just give her leash a little tug.  At first I was very hesitant about it, I was worried sick.  But I've gotten use to it and it doesn't seem to bother her.  The collar isn't tight, it's actually made so if she gets it caught on something she can get out of it.  Now when we give her a little tug she gives us this look like she understands....but we're still jerks for pulling her neck! Ha!   But you wouldn't use that method so I've gotten off topic.....whatever you decide to do just be consistant...that's what the trainer tells us.  A firm no with a finger point may do......I give that to Lola sometimes and it seems to work.  Good luck!  And may I say again he's a handsome little guy!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Please don't mind my excessive postings.....I'm running the office alone today.....BORNING!  
I have a book on Boxers, it says: Solution to excessive barking.  Barking isn't a punishable offense.  It can be a good thing, especially if unwelcome strangers are around.  If barking becomes excessive and habitual, behavior modification is needed.  A boxer left alone may discover that barking brings attention.  When you are together, encourage your boxer to be quiet.  If he starts barking for no reason, tell him, "Quiet" and reward him when he stops.  
Other books say to ignore him and then greet him when he stops barking.....but how are you suppose to tell another dog.."um, please ignore Beckham until he stops barking, then you may lick his face."   :lol:
Just some things I read!

·
Registered
977 Posts
If hubby & I get affectionate (talking hugs n' stuff -that's all!) - Voltaire gets as jealous as a tiger barks and jumps on us until we separate or until he can join in and have threesome! :lol:  Really bad behaviour - i know! And we let him get away with it.  :roll:
I will add he has a no going into any bedrooms rule which we all strictly respect - so we do get a bit of private time :D  This is all getting too personal guys  :oops:  - sorry about that - haha!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="caillou\";p=\"10232":ljdp965y]If hubby & I get affectionate (talking hugs n' stuff -that's all!) - Voltaire gets as jealous as a tiger barks and jumps on us until we separate or until he can join in and have threesome! :lol:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
caillou\";p=\"10236 said:
Good Girl Jessie! You love Mom bestest! :wink:
Yep, and she never listens to him... LOL!!! its kinda nice!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
That is SUCH a cute picture of him!!!!

Oh and Caillou I have that problem too... but not with Odin... with Sarah!! LOL She gets all "Ehhhhhhhhh!!!!!!" if she see's hubby and I hug or kiss. Not always but a lot of the time!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Mastray\";p=\"10246 said:
That is SUCH a cute picture of him!!!!

Oh and Caillou I have that problem too... but not with Odin... with Sarah!! LOL She gets all "Ehhhhhhhhh!!!!!!" if she see's hubby and I hug or kiss. Not always but a lot of the time!
My sister just turned 30 in april and has a child of her own, and still hates it when my parents hug or kiss! LOL!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
mybaddogs\";p=\"10248 said:
Is it just my boxers or are their howls the funniest thing ever?
no its not just yours... We cant help laughing when Jessie woo woo's... which makes her woo woo more.... its a viscious cycle!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I remember the first time Buck barked..He was about 4 mos old I think..I was actually getting worried cos he never barked!! Yea, I know, kinda silly, huh? He never really did a lot of barking even when he got older, Tia did tho..She'd bark at the air sometimes...Samson isn't a barker, but Angel is..What I do, if she is barking for no reason, like when she's looking out the front window, I go out there, look, if there's nothing there, I tell her "shuush"..She also will come up to you, and if she doesn't think you are paying her enuf attention, she will growl & bark..Same thing, I tell her "shuush" then "no"..If she listens to me and behaves, she gets a "good girl Angel"..if not, we take a quick time out...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sasha barks when in the back of the car and no1 is talking to her or she'll come up to me and lick my ear ughh! :) or if she wants back in but thats all or when i tell her but she loves to talk do you knw wat i mean by talking if you go to you tube and type in sasha killie both of them is her but its the one against the bucket that is really funny

·
Registered
977 Posts
Can't go to YouTube - i have problems with Windows Vista & Realtek - no sound coming out of the speakers - aghhh! But Voltaire "talks" too. It's his last resort in "how to manipulate Mum & Dad into playing with me/ giving me food".
He does a very good long mumble and an excellent "Aaaaaawwwwwwaaaaaa...." - It's dog language for "give me what i want - i'm being cute here..." It's often a bit difficult for him because the concentration of sitting, making human noises makes him snort & sneeze. Tap "talking dogs" or "talking cats" in youtube - they're amazing! There's a also an evil looking cat called Burger, i think...

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
caillou\";p=\"10294 said:
Can't go to YouTube - i have problems with Windows Vista & Realtek - no sound coming out of the speakers - aghhh!
Maybe Odinsdad can help you out there... though we have a sound blaster card. We didn't have any sound once we installed Windows Vista either! We went online trying to find updates OR SOMETHING and found nothing. Finally I'm not sure what Odinsdad did but he fixed it. So I'll ask him and see what he says.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Thankyou!  :D The speakers worked until i unplugged them to change the furniture about - since then, not a peep. I've tried uninstalling and also downloading another version of Realtek but nothing's working. The pc thinks it's working fine  :roll: - doesn't say there's a problem and seems to think the sound's working! 8O

P.S. Sorry to be off topic!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts