Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She has been vomiting after she eats for several days now. It is not right after she eats~it could be hours later. Actually I just figured out tonight that it was her. She has been going outside like normal (can't say what happens out there, but I will be watching her tonight), eating normal, and seems like her normal self. What do you think that this could be? Can I give her pepto or is this something serious?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh no Michelle...Poor Sadie and poor you, if it's not one, it's another..I honestly don't know what could be causing it, so many things..As it's been going on for a few days, I would be concerned mainly as that means she's not getting any nutrition, so I'm thinking a vets visit may be in order..I wonder if a bit of yogurt would help her? Maybe calm the tummy down?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She just started drooling alot. I gave her some milk and she drank it fine. I just gave her some yogurtand she slo to eat it at first. Then she got mad when I stopped feeding it to her~lol. Dang dogs are determined to turn me completely grey. I am going to call the vet in the morning.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
i would take her into the vet, Cash has had the same problems they told me his stomach was twisted, i freaked out! they wanted to give him surgery but i just didn't unerstand because by now he was three and i couldn't see why any other vet didn't notice it, well i wanted to get a secound opion so i went to another vet to find out, he was just fine! and just had some digestion problems :roll: it was just ridiculos, i really hope Sadie is well soon, and maybe upset stomach, but since its been almost a week with these problem i would take her into the vet, better safe than sorry.

GET WELL SADIE!! [-O<

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
hope Sadie is okay. keep us posted

·
Registered
445 Posts
Poor girl - I am sorry you and her have to go through this. I don't have any advice to give you, but I did want to send you some get well wishes. I hope you can get to the bottom of the problem and get it fixed. I will be praying that it is nothing serious and can be an easy fix. Please keep up updated, I will be thinking of you guys.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Are y'all getting a lot of rain from that Ida storm? Maybe something washed up in the yard and she ate it? Maybe some sort of big, bad, bug bite upsetting the tummy? :?

Prayers it's nothing serious! [-O< >:D<

·
Registered
175 Posts
she may have ingested something. is she keeping down water? if not dr. usually suspects blockage. i also happened to be watchin Dogtown yesterday, they had a pit that ate a foot off of her cuz ball n it got stuck in her stomach, but bc of its odd shape she would be fine for a few days and be vomiting the next. it was on and off. the dr. on the show said it was probably moving down her system and when it got in an uncomfortable position she would be sick.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just spoke to the vet. They don't think that it is any kind of blockage. She thinks it has to do with too much acid. I am going to be giving her pepcid for a few days. I really hope that it works.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
When that happens to our guys, we put Pepto Bismol (Leia thinks its Strawberry pie!) :mad: in some white rice and boiled chicken breast. I usually add some canned pumpkin too. Hope she feels better!

·
Banned
888 Posts
I was gonna say try pepcid. I give brisket 1/2 pepcid before each meal cause he's got a bit of reflux or... whatever. When it was bad, it was 1 full pepcid before each meal. But it works, and apparently has VERY low incidence of side effect. They told me some dogs just need them in the AM so they don't puke. It's so sad to watch him nauseous because he's salivating and then heaving... sad!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts