Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

In 2011, I posted a question about our boxer Roxie in 2011. She has crossed the Rainbow Bridge which of course was excruciating. She was our buddy and went almost everywhere with us. She was so smart. In the end, she had so much pain she could barely walk. She was 10.

So we have 2 boxer puppies. They are 14 weeks, so 3 months and 2 weeks.

They are siblings. They are gorgeous and healthy. They are what brought me back to the forum.

I don't have permission to post in the puppy forum, but I do have a question. When I get permission, I'll post in that forum.

I read the rules but it still isn't clear to me why I can't post in the puppy forum.

Thank you and have a great day!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Well I was not here in 2011. And also sorry for the loss of your girl, I understand how hard that can be. :(

And second sigh ... you ought not to have gotten "two puppies at once." Generally speaking ... that is not a good idea! Hopefully you got at least one male and one female??? Welcome back in anycase and stick around this time. :)

·
Super Moderator
13,468 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about Roxie

As far as posting in the puppy section, if you signed up as a new user, you need to post a few times in the welcome section first. The reason for this is to cut down on spam. Most spammers start posting spam right away so it's easier for the admins to just monitor one section of the forum (mainly)

Welcome back :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Chip18 and GypsieMouse. I appreciate the warm welcome.

We got 2 females littermates. We had no idea about littermate syndrome; however we are well aware now!

The separation is what I was going to post about. But, we began to separate them today, and it has gone very, very well. I will post pictures when the new kennels have been put together, and solicit additional feedback.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sorry for the loss of your boxer. Two puppies at once, litter mates and on top of that two females...Wow you have your hands full. From what I read raising 2 puppies at once is difficult, ou have to train separately. Plus two females..generally adolescent/adult females do not get along very well. That being said..who knows..it is what is is and lots of folk here will try and help you along the way. I'm raising a standard poodle puppy now along with our boxer. It is a lot of work. This puppy is a handful more energetic that our boxer ever was or is. He constanstantly is attacking him (for play) but the boxer doesn't correct him just stands there and takes it until we intervene. Thank goodness the boxer is trained well or they would be packing me into a white jacket. I wish you lots of luck with your pups and look forward to hearing about them and seeing lots of pictures.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Lindar51. Sounds like today we are putting up the 10 x 10 x 6 kennels we bought from Tractor Supply last night and rotating them on trips outside, feeding and playing.

The alpha is taking it very well. The other is whining.

We bred horses in the past, and had to wean the foal from her mom several times. We are kind of using the same approach, incrementally longer distance and longer periods of separation. Also researching trainers in our area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts