Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if any of your Boxers have had this? 8O

Zulu has a sore thats come up on the side of his nose where the little crease is that joins his lip. :(  :(  :(

Poor boy, it doesnt seem to bother him but i know its there now and keep looking at it :(
I washed it and put a small bit of antiseptic TCP cream on there but wondered if you guys have ever had this and what you did to get rid of it. 8O  :(

The weather has gotten really warm here and his nose has been running because he is such a slobbery boy and i think thats whats caused it :roll:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
hmmmm, a new one on me...Does it seem raw or infected or anything?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Does he scratch it, maybe cut it with his toenails?

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, its just a little red and looks like a little cold sore, but its on both side in exactly the same place. :?

The weather has got quite hot here all of the sudden and zulu always has a snotty nose at the best of times, i thought where the weather had changed maybe the breeze might of made it a bit sore, i'll try and take a pic and post it so you can see what i mean :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Maybe it is chaped, do you have Carmex there.  Works wonders on chaped things.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Couldnt really see it on the pics at all and he wanted to eat the camera so i'll just try again later but hopefully it goes away. Ive cleaned it with a doggie antibactirial wipe from my FAK and ive put a small bit of TCP cream on there :roll:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had a foster dog that had acne before that was caused him getting food on his chin when he was eating.  I had to wash his face after every meal and after he had a drink.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[quote="Barbs2Ks\";p=\"124287":15fsmiz9]Maybe it is chaped, do you have Carmex there.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
It is probably a salt sore......as the weather warms up they will produce more salt from the wetness in their nose......sounds crazy but sometimes you may notice in the place where the crease of the nose meets the skin that there is some dried looking white stuff there.....it is dried salt :) anyway....I would try the carmex or something similiar...chap stick or any kind of cold sore cream.......

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sharonL\";p=\"124390 said:
It is probably a salt sore......as the weather warms up they will produce more salt from the wetness in their nose......sounds crazy but sometimes you may notice in the place where the crease of the nose meets the skin that there is some dried looking white stuff there.....it is dried salt :) anyway....I would try the carmex or something similiar...chap stick or any kind of cold sore cream.......
Thanks Sharon i got some today aswell as antiseptic wipes (with Aloe Vera), Started putting it on this morning and its made a difference already.

Trying to keep his nose dry but being the big slobber chops, its always slobbery :lol:  Just patted dry with a tissue caus didnt want to rub it and make it more sore :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts