Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just posted an ad earlier about wanting a stud for my female. I am sorry that I didn't read the rules close enough to know I couldn't post the ad I did. I just assumed that the best place to find a good reputable breeder was on a BOXER FORUM where 80% of you are all breeders or know breeders. I am a breeder myself and have been breeding for several years, I breed to better the breed and provide loving wonderful boxers to loving wonderful homes. I am not by any means breeding to just breed or make money which any breeder would know you don't make a killing off breeding. I do not promote breeding of dogs to just anyone. It takes a special person to do this and do it right.  I guess I just got my feelings hurt by the rude replies I got. It was a mistake and I am sorry for assuming.  You guys have a great forum and I love reading the posts and have gotten some good advice in the past and learned many things, but since the outpouring of rudeness I have changed my feelings a little bit about the forum. Again it is my fault for not reading the rules closely enough, but that doesn't mean I need to be treated in this manner. A simple informative reply would have been good enough.

sorry again

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I do hope you reconsider and stick around. This forum is here to learn, share experiences, tips, and ask questions. As a breeder yourself you should understand the sensitivity of the subject of breeding. We do not condone irresponsible breeding practices, but are more than willing to help and have discussions on the subject of breeding. There is a great bunch of people on this forum, but when we see a post for an ad looking for a stud, we do assume BYB.  
Maybe, none of us should have assumed anything. I don't think anyone intended to hurt your feelings. Like I said earlier, I hope you do reconsider and use this forum to learn, ask questions, and share your experiences. It really is a great resource for information on our beloved breed.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hi... I'm sorry that anyone was rude to you. We aren't like that but we do have a few people like any forum that jump the gun sometimes. As tootsie said... it's a very sensitive subject and I assume that because you didn't mention what you mentioned now... people lashed out instead of just stating that you simply broke a rule. Your brindle is GORGEOUS... Odin thinks she's a hottie! ;) Though since I'm no breeder the poor boy has a month before his manhood is taken from him... :?

Anyway... I hope you consider sticking around... we could always use breeders on the forum considering we don't have many. Please reconsider... :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I certainly didnt see an outpouring of rudeness in the original post.  It looked to me like folks were polite, however firm about the infraction in the rules. Unless you were receiving rude pm's.  The choice to leave of stay is of course yours.. But sometimes its just good to remember that you cant allways see eye to eye with everyone about everything.  But getting respect is also about giving it, and respecting folks for their opionions and they will respect yours, even if you disagree sometimes. Also, sometimes miscommunications happen, get over em  :D

btw nice looking dog you have ;)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
in all actuality, most of us aren't breeders...just great owners...we have two maybe three on here...
hope you stick around...lots of great advice on here...

liz and lilly

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I can see how some offense could have been taken, but please reconsider. i believe that the people here are wonderful-and arent purposefully rude or mean. Some of us are more blunt and to the point then others, but it isnt meant to hurt anyones feelings. We all mesh well in our little boxer community, and just like with any community or neighborhood we all have a difference of opinion. Please consider staying-we truely dont intend to hurt someone. I think your girl is absolutley beautiful! and would love to continue to see her and the rest of your clan (4 of them right?)

i know this was before you joined, but we have had a few people come in and cause trouble with the breeding topic. one person was kicked off and came back to the forum under a new name and started causing the same issues. This is partly why we are sensitive to breeding-that and we ALL are in agreeance that there are too many BYB's out there and too many going to rescue because of irresponsible breeding. Not saying you are one because you do seem to truly care for you boxers. Good luck on your search and i hope you get the pups you are wishing for.

A~ 8)

·
Registered
316 Posts
I am sorry your feelings were hurt,  I can see where you could easily read those replies as rude and offensive.  However I do not believe anyone was deliberatly trying to be mean.  

I hope you decide to stay and get to know us better.  I know we would like to get to know you better as well.  We really have a great group of boxer lovers here and a few breeders, you may possibly find some good friends among them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would like to thank everyone for their words of incouragement. I never said I was going to leave, just changed my views of the forum a little bit. I always take peoples opinions into consideration, and understand that everyone does not always get along and I took full responsibility for the mistake. Was not trying to be mean in anyway, just wanted to voice my opinion on how I was treated. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but that does not mean they are entitled to be rude, especially to someone they don't know and especially since they just assumed I had bad intentions with out even asking first. But it is okay I understand now why every one did that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts