Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name some southern dishes or foods that you enjoy.

Here's just a few:  fried chicken, creamed corn, anything with giblet gravy!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I'm not a native, but Marq is and I've aquired a taste for some things, plus he is a great cook  :) Gumbo, Jambalya, Hush Puppies, Fried Catfish, Fried Green Tomatoes(yummy), red beans & rice

·
Registered
422 Posts
Boxerpop\";p=\"88811 said:
What are hush puppies? Sounds pretty good. :D
Hushpuppies are deepfried balls of cornbread.  

BBQ, Greens and anything deepfried!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Im all about the mexican food down here in the south...well ok, the tex-mex food down here :)  but everything you listed above is making me hungry...must go eat lunch now!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'm actually a "northerner", but married a southerner who is constantly asking me to make him biscuits and gravy, chicken and dumplings, real southern fried chicken, fried okra, and I think anything else that could possibly be fried!  :lol:

·
Registered
171 Posts
MMMM

Chicken Fried Steak
Sawmill (black pepper) gravy
Creamed Corn
Fried Corn
Greens
Green Beans and bacon
Fried CHicken
HOMEMADE Mac and Cheese
Cornbread
Fried Catfish
Fried Crab
Country ham
Low Country Boil (my personal summertime favorite)

ohhhhhhh I am so hungry now

G

·
0 Posts
I love EVERYTHING that has already been named...    I am a definite meat and potatoes girl...    the fried chicken, meat loaf, anything with potates, FRIED OKRA :love:         but i also love me some gumbo, catfish and hushpuppies.

We have a place in vidor that is named Hushpuppy.  Popcorn shrimp, cole slaw and hushpuppies for the win!

G

·
0 Posts
hammondc\";p=\"88888 said:
MMMM

Chicken Fried Steak
Sawmill (black pepper) gravy
Creamed Corn
Fried Corn
Greens
Green Beans and bacon
Fried CHicken
HOMEMADE Mac and Cheese
Cornbread
Fried Catfish
Fried Crab
Country ham
Low Country Boil (my personal summertime favorite)

ohhhhhhh I am so hungry now

oh i forgot about the mac and cheese!  YUMMY!

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
thanks guys,i am so freakin' hungry now!!! :roll: .i love all of the above. southern food is the best  :rockon: ..yum yum YUM!!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:roll: married a country boy lol..he loves everything except seafood which i grew up on cape cod & seafood so uhmmm its a weird combo in our house hahaha

i LOVE "AUTHENTIC" mexican,jamaican, and italian foods..not into fried anything....too many yrs of semi pro body building=screws up your stomach for life on anything oily,salty or fatty..kinda stinks b/c i would love to eat some of it..

hush puppies & catfish have to be my fav

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Anything BBQ!! :) Chili....but not that crappy chili with the beans in... :snooty: Plus everything else! I really enjoy the homemade mac and cheese...hmmmmm

G

·
0 Posts
ok..  just wanted to let you all know that i called my husband and this weekend I am going to make homemade mac and cheese and fried chicken.    :D  8->

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
haha!! i was thinking about doing it tonight...but it takes me a day to prepare my chicken so i dont have time :( but maybe for the mac and cheese........

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
So, does anyone have any really good southern fried chicken recipes? Love to hear them!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
My fav's include chick and dumplin's, fried catfish with hushpuppies, green beans and bacon and fried pork chops....notice a fried pattern here ...... 8O

1 - 20 of 52 Posts