Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Willow's incision look like it's healing ok? The first photo is from the day I picked her up (day after surgery, surgery was on Tuesday). 2nd photo is from today. Vet said she put in dissolving stitches so they'll go away on their own. At the top of the incision there's always been a little bit of flesh sticking out between the stitches but the stitches were not visible. Now I can see the stitches but only in that one spot. No redness, swelling or discharge from the area. I may give the vet a call tomorrow (they're closed today) just to make sure.
Any thoughts?
I've been trying my best to keep her activity level to a minimum, it's tough, but I think I've been doing ok!

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
Willow's incision as well as the stitching look beautiful!! =) everything looks to be healing up perfectly from what i see. there is no inflammation to be seen, no redness that i can see from your photos. the top, where you can see the stitch from the first and second pic, it is perfectly normal, it is where the incision starts, and it is always a little more noticeable, but nothing to be alarmed about. if you still feel uneasy about it, by all means take her to be seen.. just for peace of mind, i get it. looks like there should be very little of a noticeable scar there if any at all once her fur grows back. (good job Doc). if the incision starts to feel very warm to the touch, any puffiness, oozing any type of fluids, then take her to the vet..

i get it, i have been through this same surgery countless times (cats and dogs.. way too many of both, lol) and i used to work as a vet's OR assistant at a spay-neuter clinic.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments! Makes me feel better!! I've only had cats, and male ones at that, so I've never seen the spay incision/stitches before.

Willow hasn't bothered with the incision either which is SO nice. I've been home all week with her and have kept a very close eye on her. Anytime I'm not with her she's in the crate with the cone on.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Mya's incision looked exactly the same when she was spayed and now you can barely tell there was one. As other posters stated just keep an eye on it. Sounds like you've got the situation handled! :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vet gave her steroids to take down the swelling and redness and told me to watch for signs of infection (puss, etc), and she may need antibiotics if it becomes infected. She told me to try and keep it clean. Leashed walks only, Willow is already stir-crazy from her spay, she's going to be extra insane now :(

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts