Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been in contact with Rhonda from Special K Boxers regarding an upcoming litter. In our contact she's mentioned all of the information regarding the health testing that's been done on the parents, and has pictures of their other boxers and family information available.

Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with them previously. She seems very nice and their boxers are beautiful.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Have heard of one of her males but dont know her personally nor the kennel - but they dont breed often and do show and canine sport :clap2: There are questions to ask a breeder as listed on Newcastle's site -

http://www.newcastleboxers.com/breederquestions.shtml

Big thing is if they answer all the questions you have esp with regards to health testing, and you agree with their breeding practice and theory on breeding and the boxer, then go for it!. If something just does not sit right, then try looking elsewhere. Any reputable breeder would be more than glad to have a home prospect ask the questions and get to know them better, than someone who does not.

Good Luck and hopfully you will being a little one home!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I do see on her website that she health tests, which gives her a thumbs up in my book..I'm familair with the lines somewhat and I like that she does both conformation and obedience...Definitely ask her tons of questions, and expect to be asked a lot as well...Like Heather said a good breeder will welcome all the questions, it shows you have done your homework...Wishing you lots of luck, she has some pretty dogs :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I agree with both Heather and Willow's post, good advice.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, everything seemed pretty good to me. The price seems on par for someone who breeds dogs of that standard as well. I've asked a few questions that I've found on here, mainly for the health side of it. I figured that we would have a chance to meet the parents, or at least the mother if we were to go see the puppies and all that. I felt pretty good about it initially, but wanted to double check. Thank you for the replies!!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:whistle: take pics if you can...we love pup pics hehe

good luck.. lets us know :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts