Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pup was diagnosed with SRMA back in March at (8months), he has had a very rough start. He has been on prednisone for a bit now and last month started an injection (monthly) Cytosar plus prednisone. The goal is to decrease his prednisone, as per neurology orders we started to decrease his prednisone to 20mg - daily, a few days later signs of SRMA started to show up - so they increased his prednisone to 50mg daily, but he still is not back to himself, he really seems to be very depressed, sleeping tons, not very interested in playing. He pretty much sleeps, gets up to eat and drink, goes to the bathroom, he might walk around the house for a few minutes, and then go back to bed. He does eat and drink very well, and no problems going pee or poop. He is not limping anymore. My question is has anyone else's boxer had SRMA, and provide some feedback on your experience with this horrible disease. I am looking for support and any help that you can give me. I feel that I am losing my sweetboy with this battle, and my heart is breaking for him. Thank you so much!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts