Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
We get drunk lol :lol:

Just kidding...wel no Im not that is how most celebrate by having long hours in the pub with their firends and family which leads to lots of merryment :oops:

My daughter is in the St Paddy's Day parade in our town this year doing her martial arts demo, she is a bit nervous as the parade is HUGE!!

Then it is off for a nice family meal and later in the evening me and hubby are off out with our friends :twisted:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Most people would go to a parade, with the one in Dublin obviously being the biggest, and then they would normally hit the pub for a few hours.  And of course, there is the very important matter of Ireland playing our 6 Nations clincher against Italy at 1.30pm tomorrow!  Come on Ireland!

The St. Patrick's Festival in Dublin is actually a week long, with funfairs, fireworks, walking tours etc.  

And I LOVE coddle!  Seriously, though, it's nearly entirely a Dublin phenomenon.  An ex-boyfriend of mine from Cork had never even heard of it until I made it for him!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Well I usually go to the parade here in NY if I can... But this year im not going, its not supposed to be nice out tomorrow, and we have a prior engagement.  

But I am going to the NY rangers vs Boston Bruins game tomorrow night... So i will be celebrating the holiday...!!!

Enjoy the holiday and be safe!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WONDERFUL!  
I hear the parade in NY might be canceled because of snow.  We have a pretty big parade in Houston and they turn the bayous green.  That might be hard to do this year because we had five inches of rain earlier in the week and everything is muddy brown :p !
My brother-in-law is going on a "business" trip to Ireland this weekend.  I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO jealous!  I've never been jealous of anybody before, but to be in Ireland on St. Patrick's Day has got to be the best!
I think St. Pat's is my fave holiday! :D
Zhanna

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, I can't resist!
Here is my favorite Irish drinking toast.

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So let's all get drunk and go to heaven!

I don't encourage drunkenness, but I love that toast!
Slainte!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Zhanna I spent a St Paddy's day in Galway a few years ago...Had a great time, watched the parade, slipped into a few pubs, checked out the shops and all the action on the streets...And ate... :)

An Irish Blessing

MAY YOU HAVE WARM WORDS ON A COLD EVENING
A FULL MOON ON A DARK NIGHT
AND THE ROAD DOWNHILL ALL THE WAY TO YOUR DOOR

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Probably not doing anything out of the ordinary today, but Happy St. Patricks Day!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Happy St. Patricks day everyone, those of you who celebrate it have a safe and fun time.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Not that anyone cares, but its not actually St. Pattys today.  I'm sure everyone will still celebrate though.  Today is Holy Monday so the pope moved St. Pattys to the 15th so it wouldn't fall on the same day as Holy Monday.  St.  Pattys day won't be moved again until 2160, when it falls on Holy Week again.  Sorry you all missed St. Pattys, but I'm sure everyone will be celebrating tonight anyway!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
JettaAndOscar\";p=\"94991 said:
Not that anyone cares, but its not actually St. Pattys today.  I'm sure everyone will still celebrate though.  Today is Holy Monday so the pope moved St. Pattys to the 15th so it wouldn't fall on the same day as Holy Monday.  St.  Pattys day won't be moved again until 2160, when it falls on Holy Week again.  Sorry you all missed St. Pattys, but I'm sure everyone will be celebrating tonight anyway!
I KNOW!!!! I am catholic and ppl were pinching me today and i was like ummm its not really st pattys day cuz it is Holy monday... nobody would believe me lol!!!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Soccergk1987\";p=\"95044 said:
[quote="JettaAndOscar\";p=\"94991":v4rtrnqv]Not that anyone cares, but its not actually St. Pattys today.  I'm sure everyone will still celebrate though.  Today is Holy Monday so the pope moved St. Pattys to the 15th so it wouldn't fall on the same day as Holy Monday.  St.  Pattys day won't be moved again until 2160, when it falls on Holy Week again.  Sorry you all missed St. Pattys, but I'm sure everyone will be celebrating tonight anyway!
I KNOW!!!! I am catholic and ppl were pinching me today and i was like ummm its not really st pattys day cuz it is Holy monday... nobody would believe me lol!!![/quote:v4rtrnqv]

Well the Catholics know whats up!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Eimear!

One day, when I'm not such a whimp, I'm going to visit Ireland.  Visit where the ancestors came from! :wink:  :D

G

·
0 Posts
Spent the past two days in South Boston celebrating.  There was a lot of beer, but not too much Irish food.  I'm not a fan of corned beef, never have been.  If you cover it in mustard it tastes alright.  Missed the parade, it was cold and sorta raining.  All and all, had a good time of what I can remember!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Thanks, I don't really celebrate St. Pattys much.  I know that in Ireland they celebrated Saturday as to not conflict with Holy Monday.  I don't think it matters much to Americans though!  We just like drinking dyed green beer!

G

·
0 Posts
I don't celebrate St. Pattys day...sorry but a bunch of out of their mind drunk people going around acting like idiots doesn't do much for me...why celebrate on a holiday that promotes drinking and crap:?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts