Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

* so heres the thing, my vet said that steel might have a slight flu,  but this is day two and 3 meds later, and no chage in her eatting habbits, ive gave her a litte yogurt but she wont lick it of the spoon, i have to make her eat it...
*not drinking water, i have to seringe that to her,..
*iam calling the vet as soon as they open, but i just dont know what else to do..

* steel is 11 weeks old...
*shes been with me for about two weeks...
*thank much

tori

*what can i do so she will eat?
what would u do???

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I found this, I think the most important thing is to keep her hydrated and to see if she has a temperature.  Sharon said up to 102 is normal anything over is cause for concern:

Ringer's lactate, mixed half and half with 5% dextrose in water, and a solution called Pedialyte are suitable for dogs. They are given at the rate of two to four cc per pound body weight per hour depending upon the severity of the dehydration (or as directed by your veterinarian).

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
When Lola was sick the only thing that she would eat was boiled white chicken breast and boiled white rice.  You may want to try that, just a little though and see how Steel does.  Sorry she's not feeling well.....get better soon!!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I personally would call the VET asap.  Last thing you want is her to become dehydrated.   They may make you bring her in, and give her some fluids under the skin.

However, I have tried some chix bouillion cubes (low sodium) with the water.   Makes it more attractive, or let them lick an ice cube as you hold it.    

As for food, maybe try boiling a little bit of chix breast, and cut into small pieces and feed.   My kids never pass up the opportunity when not feeling well for boiled chix.   Just stick with something mild, even some baby food works.

PS - I always try to keep on hand for any cases like this - some chix in the freezer, some beef / chix low sodium bouillion, or some baby food just in case!!

Hope she feels better soon:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank guys,
i have tried the beef mix with rice, and she turns up her nose,
does this happen often, do they sickie alot??
she is eatting soft puppy food, ( i looked its not on the poisn list), she tor that up liike nothing...
but i have a break from work and iam on my way to check her...
shes with lucy( my moms mini hot dog)
so iam hoping she is feeling way better, and as much as i dont like messes in the house, i hope there is so i know she is still "going to the potty" well and its working....
thanks agian
tori & steel

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
When I first brought Diesel home he couldn't eat the kibble. It was just too hard for his teeth. So he was only eating the Canidae canned food. he was only 2 lbs when he came home, so he didn't eat much at once, so I'd give him a tablespoon of canned once every half hour or so. after a month of that, I started adding kibble to it, which softened it up so he could chew it. Maybe the kibble is just too hard, if she's eating the wet food?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts