Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, doc saw Lucy yesterday and she still is testing positive. I had him test Sampson too just to be safe and thank goodness he was negative. Now we are doing the 3 doses of panacur and continuing the metronidazole. The good news is that she has continued to gain weight - 3.5lbs in two weeks - I sure hope this works! I hate my babies being sick!!!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sharonL\";p=\"52188 said:
This usually works a little better hope it clears her up!!!
Thanks Sharon - Yeah, me too!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote="Sadiesmomma\";p=\"52247":21g58452]I hope it clears up soon! Sick babies are no fun. Sounds like she is on the right meds, so here's hoping they work fast

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
awww. hope your baby feels better! sumya sends boxer hugs and wiggles!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Sure hope this clears it up for Lucy and she starts feeling better soon.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Awww, poor girl. Hoping she totally kicks it this time....

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BurningRiver\";p=\"52568 said:
Panacur should help. Also add a tsp of 100% pure canned pumpkin (not the pie filling) to her food. Pumpkin is bulk fiber and encourages growth of good bacteria in the gut which, in turn, help to fight the nasties. I'd also add a high quality probiotic supplement to her food.

Good luck!
Thanks, I have been adding pumpkin, rice, and cooked chicken to her Nutro puppy food for a couple of weeks now. Saturday the vet gave me some A/D canned food to add to help put some weight on her. What is a probiotic and where do I get that?

·
Registered
744 Posts
I use a wonderful product made by a company called Nature's Farmacy. It can be ordered by calling the toll free number on their website.

The product I use is called "DogZymes Digestive Enhancer" in powdered form. In addition to probiotics, it also contains digestive enzymes that help aid with digestion.

Here is a link to their website: http://www.naturesfarmacy.com/

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BurningRiver\";p=\"52600 said:
I use a wonderful product made by a company called Nature's Farmacy. It can be ordered by calling the toll free number on their website.

The product I use is called "DogZymes Digestive Enhancer" in powdered form. In addition to probiotics, it also contains digestive enzymes that help aid with digestion.

I am ordering some of that today! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BurningRiver\";p=\"52600 said:

Question: Do you give this to them all the time or only when they are having problems? I ordered some this morning.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yipeeeeeee!!! Two days of solid stools - my petsitter called me yesterday at lunch to let me know Lucy had a regular BM and it has been ever since - gosh, I am so darn excited!!!! Now, hopefully the Giardia test will be negative this week. Thanks to everyone here for all the support and great tips on Lucy's road to recovery!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Woo Hoo, That's great news  :) . Hoping this means she is truly on the mend now

1 - 20 of 22 Posts