Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

He's doing well. Crazy as ever. He's at the stage where he's running with his mouth wide open, just hoping something will jump into it. lol

·
Registered
491 Posts
He is gorgeous!!  How old is he?  I have a 2 1/2 yr old male, Gunnar, and a female Ginger who will be 6 mos. May 14.

·
Registered
159 Posts
running around with his mouth open, sounds like our Petey (9weeks). Always ready to destroy anything he sees!!! gotta love it--rich

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
He is just soo cute!!! What a little sweetheart....Your daughter is a little cutie also...Great pictures and glad to hear that Diesel is doing well.....Bless his heart, he's soo tiny....

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
DieselsMom\";p=\"7108 said:
He'll be 12 weeks on thusday. about 10 lbs.
reminds me a lot of Jessie... she was 11lbs at 12 weeks

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
really? I've never spoken to someone who had a pup as small as Diesel. Was she the runt as well?  I've just been constantly trying to put my worried mind at ease about his small size. Just hoping he'll grow to a 'normal' size.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hi, don't know who's cuter - little girl, little boxer or little pug! :D Lovely photos!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol she's nothing but trouble now-a-days. Just turned 4, and wants to do everything by herself. She for sure has a mind of her own!

She loves Diesel...but he's still unsure of her. She's just so darn fast, I think it scares him a bit.

I'm sure it'll all work out. He's stopped running from her, now he just makes sure he's watching her whenever she's not sitting still. lol

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well he had his 2nd vet visit for more shots today. He weighed in at 12 lbs! thats 4 lbs more than last week. Yay for diesel.

My vet pushed some food on me though. Hills a/d or something like that. He said it's high calorie food, and he wants him to have  a half a can (it's wet food) a day, added to what he normally eats.

He knows I feed Canidae, and he knows that it's one of the top dog foods out there. Should I give Diesel this vet recommended food?

what does kinda bug me, is he said 'I'm going to toss in this food' and he explained it to me, but then I was charged for it. nearly $8 for 4 small cans.
He sure made it sound like we were getting it for free.

Also, I had an issue with my credit/debit card too. It was declined 4 times, but I knew I had way more in there than what I needed for the vet appt. So I had to leave Diesel there (they made me) and go to the bank to take money out. It seems the card's system went down for like 5 minutes, so if I had them run the card 1 more time, it probably would have worked.
I was so stressed, because I couldn't understand why my card wasn't working, and having to leave Diesel there with them, like collateral or something.

blah, I need a bubble bath or something. lol

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
That's right Diesel was a runt... forgot... I was like... Odins 12 wks almost 13... and weighs 20lbs!  WHAT A cutie!!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah he's just a little guy. He's growing fast though. He seems about 2 weeks behind in size. He looks more like the pictures of 10 week old pups.

but he acts his age...thats for sure! lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
What a handsome boy !!!
Glad to see someone else besides my Gus has one of those silly purple loofa dogs from petsmart... Gus loves his
Gus will be 4 months this thursday 4-11-07 and weighs in about 30 lbs. and the legs and feet are still growing bigger than the rest of him.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Hills food is Science diet, I wouldn't feed it to Diesel.. Vets get a kick back from the manufacturer.. It's terrible food..Keep feeding the Canidae...Diesel is growing, quite well it sounds like and he doesn't need anything else...I'd make them take the food back and remove the charge for it.. And they made you leave him as collateral so you could go to the bank? OMG.....If you want to supplemnt Diesel's diet, Give him some plain, low fat yogurt mixed with peanut butter.. Much better for him and dogs love it.... :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok the problem is Diesel doesn't really like hard kibble. He wont sit there and just munch on it. I've tried everything I could think of, Mixing in the wet canidae, or putting water in the bowl first, then putting in the wet food, making a broth then mixing in the kibble. He'll lick the food, get as much of the wet food as he can, then leave the rest.

I know just giving him wet food isn't good for his teeth, and probably not good for other things too.

How do I get him to start eating the kibble as well?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts