Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just adopted my first boxer and his farts stink real bad! I'm not quite sure how to make them stink less. Is there any like gas-x for dogs?
Thanks,
Liz!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Best thing I have used to help with Chloe's gas is plain fat free yogurt. I used to feed her a tablespoon a day in her food and it helped a lot.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea, I'll give that a try!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Welcome :D Wish I'd known the yogurt thing with our last boxer, Sophie. She was a real "stinker" lol. What are you feeding? sometimes different foods are gassier.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He was pretty thin from stress at the shelter so we were feeding him puppy science diet and are now going to start feeding him Pedigree Large Breed.  Hopilly getting him off of puppy food will help.  Is there anything that can help?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
If you can I would try a different food then Pedigree, it is loaded with tons of cheap fillers and just might make the gas even worse.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What would you suggest?  We'll use the bag up and keep our option open!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Definitely try to get him off Science diet...I have a couple sticky topics in this section dealing with finding a good quality food, check them out..The food will contribute to the gas you are getting, but adding a teaspoon of plain, low fat yogurt will really help and dogs just love it....

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
The yogurt should help, give it a couple days. Check your foods grain content, more grain-more gas. The stickeys in the food forum should help. BTW, I looked at Baz again and the blaze is a little different but the expression is the same as our boy. Cant wait to see/hear more about him

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome.  Like others said different foods are more gassious ( if that is a word) then others but it will be a trial and error.  I did find that foods with less grain were better for Kiah anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts