Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a boxer who is almost ten years old. sometimes he'll get really uncomfortable and stand really still and you can hear his stomach gurgling. i searched a bit on this website and i found the 'gastric dilation' where the stomach twists, but it doesnt tell any symptoms of this.  I dont know if its just because he's old and his stomach is weaker now or if its something more serious. it breaks my heart to watch this happen to him. has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know the symptoms of that stomach twisting problem?
thanks

·
Registered
496 Posts
First Welcome to the forum its a great place with lots of info.
I am not to positive if we are speaking of the same thing but from what I do know about stomach twisting is that it is deadly and if it happened you would see the stomach actually pooch out on one side. I have only seen this once in a Great Dane and I guess it is more common in those breeds, I am not sure if this is what was going on with your guy or not but I

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you let him have rawhide chews? Usually if they happen to bite off and swallow a decent size piece of the rawhide it'll cause some stomach gurgling (usually will last for a day or less).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you guys for the help!
i will definitely look into giving him some senior pro plan food. hopefully it will help.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
can't help but welcome and goodluck! let us know what happens

1 - 7 of 7 Posts