Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while, sorry not a avid poster to the site. Petunia is going to be 8 in January of 2020, lately she’s had very loud stomach gurgling and getting up at 2-3 a.m. to go outside and eat grass. She hasn’t been eating as well as she used to and I haven’t noticed any worms in her stool (but then again haven’t really been searching). Any suggestions? I know it’s pretty vague what I am describing but my local vet will charge me an arm and a leg just to tell me she’s fine.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same thing happens with my girl. I give her a probiotic once a day. And also Greek yogurt once a day. Helps keep her belly in check. You can also add a big table spoon of pumpkin to her food. It will settle her belly as well. Good luck. I have 2
babies as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Well hopefully, someone else will chime in but it's basically Yogurt. The plain simple kind should be fine but you can go fancy and go with the "Greek Yogurt" stuff. :)

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
maybe this can help

https://www.bestreviews.guide/probiotics-for-dogs?origin=google&google_params[matchtype]=b&google_params[network]=g&google_params[device]=c&google_params[creative]=330241076313&google_params[keyword]=%2Bprobiotics%20%2Bfor%20%2Bdogs&google_params[adposition]=1t1&google_params[adgroupid]=63026609923&google_params[campaignid]=1652854777&bs=lpXAxGgXgolG5R6guUNGsCzmdkhd3aTqOvvwXu9SibH5IkIiy3SZ9BzRhCpd4wRvCbh2hN3VdkC__49ImB0G85SCp2nDuEHis8gCrlYxql4=&google_params[feeditemid]=&google_params[targetid]=kwd-22060899092&google_params[loc_interest_ms]=&google_params[loc_physical_ms]=9025207&google_params[devicemodel]=&google_params[target]=&age=others&hhi=Low&dest=0&sys_id=0%7C678&gclid=CjwKCAjw0tHoBRBhEiwAvP1GFX6Dac65CGeIcE7ALVLgb4auehS8ZS5D4ogKDQiIr6jaLC4xW0bsMRoCtv8QAvD_BwE

I have used inc probiotics from petsmart. https://www.gnc.com/pet-supplements/678441.html

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I use Pet Vitality Pro probiotic. He seems to like it and its in pill form which he doesn't mind. If your dog doesn't like pills there are some powdered probiotics you can mix with their meals.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use Greek Yogurt as well. Also a pre/pro biotic and digestive enzyme you can buy at Petco.com called
Solid Gold pre/probiotic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Has your vet ruled out pancreatitis? Sometimes it can just be smoldering which can still make them feel some nausea and pain. We used to use the Spec-cPL test.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I use Pet Vitality Pro probiotic. He seems to like it and its in pill form which he doesn't mind. If your dog doesn't like pills there are some powdered probiotics you can mix with their meals.
I have had good luck with Pet Vitality Pro as well, and I also like Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets FortiFlora and I think Probios is great too.

Currently I am using Probios powder and my dog doesn't seem to notice that it has been added to his meals. He gobbles it right up.

I would definitely add a probiotic to this dogs feeding program, and I would be inclined to check in with a vet about a new change in routine or health such as described (reduced appetite, grumbly belly, getting up during the night, etc.).

I hope things improved for the original poster's dog.

·
Registered
443 Posts
When my dogs get a growly belly I have given them one Pepto Bismol tablet the unflavored kind in pill form that usually does the trick but it will make their stool black. Have you changed the time you feed her in the evening? I know it makes a big difference to my dogs if I alter their feeding schedule they will wake up sick at night with a grumbling belly or throw up foam in the middle of the night. So I feed them at exactly the same time everyday. I had another boxer of mine have bouts of pancreatitis it started with throwing up repeatedly so bad I could not get her to stop had to go to the Emergency Vet with her then it was followed by bloody diarrhea it was pretty terrible thru much trial and error and a abdominal ultra sound I found out she had a food allergy. In this case it was sweet potatoes that were setting her off I was using Natural Balance dog food at the time. Once I made the switch and eliminated all potatoes from her food it never happened again. I hope you find out what's is causing your dogs upset. I wish you all the best.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will have to try the yogurt and Pro Biotics. I have switched her food from Royal Canin Boxer food to Acana Singles.

Her tummy seems much better😎. Not eliminated , but not as often.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts