Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: Does anybody else use Nutro Natural dry dog food? Rocky has recently been switched from full raw meat to dry food, Nutro Natural. I don

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I've never used the Nutro Natural, but you don't say when you switched Rocky over to the new food. Going from Raw to dry is a big change for his system. I don't remember how old Rocky is? Nutro also has wheat and corn products in them which can be an allergen. You should check out the "recommended foods to feed your boxer" thread in the food tips and diet info forum. There is a list of high quality natural foods that you could feed. Good luck.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Like Tootsie said, that is a radical change to make. Generally any food changes are done very gradually and from Raw to regular dog food would be tough on the digestive system. Nutro is wheat & corn based and a lot of dogs cannot handle the corn, so it could very well be the food...You might want to try a lamb & rice food from the list I have in the health section..In the meantime try feeding cooked chicken to see if that helps...

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="RockyV\";p=\"18059":134lk1wr]Question: Does anybody else use Nutro Natural dry dog food? Rocky has recently been switched from full raw meat to dry food, Nutro Natural. I don

·
Registered
948 Posts
Mia is just like Jessie and has been since I put her on Nutro Natural, then to raw (she was fine), then went back and oh my goodness is this causing a mess... All the dog food is on sale this week, so I'm looking into something else..

But at the same time, Toby does *excellent* on it! Small and less poo, no runs, etc..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well thanks for the info guys/girls. I swithced over Rocky with in a week..slowly of course..hoping to prevent stomach issues. But from the information I received over the past 2 days, I think it's best to slowly intergrate a new food. I tryed Wellness..same problems...so I think a different game plan may be tryed. Well def give info if I find something good. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I have never had a problem with Canidae... its an excellent food

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Hmmm . . . .  :?

I've used Nutro Natural most of the time I've had Henry and never had a problem.  Oh, and it does not have corn.  I wouldn't give it to him if it did.  I re-read the ingredient list every time I buy a new bag, just in case they decided to change something.

I think maybe the problem was the timing.  When we switched to Nutro, we did it over a whole month.

Good luck! :)
Zhanna

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am havin that problem with Ferris.  Loose crap isnt cool.  Especially in the house.   Zhanna is right about Nutro not having any corn in it.  I am in the market for a food switch....gotta go do some research! Good luck!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I must be looking at the wrong Nutro formula about the corn.   :?  Every formula I look at has the corn gluten meal in it except the Ultra formula. I must not be looking at the right one.  :roll:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use nutro natural, lamb and rice and Tank seems to be fine on it, not problems and there is no corn in it.  It might just be the swtich. My vet gave me some stuff called Purina fortiflora to put on his food when I switch without easing him into the new food, on pack of this stuff and Tank is fine again. Just something you could look into to get his stool under control.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't use Nutro, but I switched Gus from regular Purina Puppy Chow because of all the corn and junk fillers to Nature's Choice Puppy that is Lamb and Rice . And not a problem with the dog food just he tends to get to many handed treats during the day...lol

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi! We use the Canidea(don't know if I spelled it correctly)...Anyway, it os supposed to be the best dog food out there.  When we switch our pups over to it fromewhat they breeder had been feeding them, they had VERY runny stools for a handful of days.  I do know it takes those little guy's systems a bit to adjust to the new food.  I've seen your dog food at the doggy store, but have never tried it.  Hope your gets better soon!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts