Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help, or rather Freddie and myself need some help.

Freddie is great, but there is one issue and that's whenever he sees a ball he just wants to have it. Now this'd be great if he had no teeth or claws but as he has then this means he chases someone's ball and then bursts it!

I don't want to let it get this far and really need to stop him from even thinking about chasing after another ball.

He's the same even if I take a ball up the field. He'll play with ours and then see someone else playing football in the distance and then just run off - I'm simply unable to get him back whatever I have to coax him back with.

Now, I really want to let him off his lead but as the summer approaches in the UK then so do more and more people wanting to play on the local field.

Any ideas or is it simply a case of following all the steps on "Teaching your boxer recall"

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Well Zulu is exactly the same. All balls are HIS, I would have no chance at recall if a ball was involved :lol:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
LMAO alot of them have tennis ball envy hahahaha onyx included

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
guess i got lucky again. Mine like to look at the ball and watch it bounce but they dont chase them :) Recall will def help, it wont be easy and it will take some time but it works!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
southerngirls\";p=\"121298 said:
guess i got lucky again. Mine like to look at the ball and watch it bounce but they dont chase them :) Recall will def help, it wont be easy and it will take some time but it works!
You lucky devil! Freddie is like a mad-dog if he catches sight of a ball. Dogs can be extremely clever and extremely stupid at the same time.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah can join the insane ball (and most toys) club, she is not as bad as she used to be but still is bad.

·
Registered
17 Posts
CrazieKC\";p=\"121344 said:
Kaci is in the obsessive ball club. She's OBSESSED with anything that rolls...it's bad.

Tyres ??  Bikes.. Skateboards... Kids Scooters.... anything that rolls..  I really must try and get it on video, (running down the garden trying to bite the bikes tyre while it is still moving rather quickly)

We have actually gone and brought Sadie a doggy tyre from Pets At Home.  Don't really know if this was a good idea???

·
Registered
498 Posts
Shamrock is so ball crazy...I often joke that if I could harness that it would be a great training tool but he is too nuts for it. I just keep him on a tight leash when I see people with a ball. Usually they stop throwing and laugh and wait for us to walk by because they see him going for their soceer, tennis, baseball, etc. Has not been a huge issue for us though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts