Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!  This morning we are having a thunderstorm here in Scottsdale/Phoenix.  This is the first weather that Cactus has been through since all we experience are hot and hotter *wink*.  He is barking like crazy at this thunder!  I am just glad he is not scared!  What do your dogs do during storms?
Hope to hear from you soon!
~Anne

·
Registered
977 Posts
Voltaire's oblivious to it. It's about the ONLY loud thing he's oblivious to...he can't tell a knock at the door from other knocks - that's really annoying, makes him crazy-and me!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Funny you should ask that today.  We woke up with storms and it is the first time since Scout was a baby.  Neither of them have heard it before.  They were both dead asleep on the floor this morning when I seen a bright flash of lightning and I knew that there would be a loud rumble soon thereafter.  Well, it shook the house and the puppies shot straight up and were growling and looking around not knowing where it came from.  It was hilarious  :lol:  We just kind of snickered and they finally settled down again.  We have storms here all the time during the spring/summer/fall.  It should prove to be interesting!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Buster used to hide under a table whenever we had a storm or even fireworks. Maddie on the other hand couldn't care less at either.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Henry doesn't seem to mind.  Our last dog, Rocky, was afraid.  He would hide under anything he could squeeze under!
Z

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is the other funny part- he barks at the thunder and refuses to go out in the rain!!!!!!  Argh- I have to shove him out so he does not "use" my floor as a restroom.  Ridiculous little puppy.

·
Registered
107 Posts
oh little cutey cactus maybe he is trying to scare them away :)

last night we had thunders here in Malta during the night Saigey was trying to get under my quilt he slept until this morning cuddling me, I guess he is a little scared.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh Anne, I am laughing like crazy....Cactus barks at thunder? I love it...Samson is scared to death of thunder & lightening...One time when he was crated and I was at the gym, I left early cos I knew how bad it bothered him. Get home and he had rocked his crate halfways across the room....Another time, when the thunder shook the house, he jumped in the bed with us and refused to move.....Have no clue how Angel is, I guess I'll find out soon as we are heading into our spring storm time......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts