Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, this is Thor's uncle. Thor has been house trained for several months now, with no accidents. However, in the past two days he's peed twice and pooped once inside. Stranger still, he has peed on his bed, and in front of us (He usually used to hide when he peed inside). I'm not sure what may be causing this. Is he being rebellious? We have had no other issues with behavior at all. Or is it some sort of psychological or physiological problem?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Perhaps a urinary track infection or another medical problem.  Anytime something out of the ordinary happens with pets its best to take them to the vet and get it checked out.  It is highly suspicious that something like a UTI is wrong with him since he pees in front of you. the poop could just be a coincidence.
How old is Thor?

G

·
0 Posts
Bo does this from time to time..he'll come right up to me and while I'm giving him lovin, will squat and pee at my feet.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Generally when they urinate someonewhere you can see it/find it.....I feel they are letting you know there is a problem...The UTI is probably a good place to start.  When he goes outside check to see if he is going more then normal, also drinking more water then normal, after he urinates if you will wipe the end of his penis area to see if there is any blood...all of this may be an indication something is going on.

The other thing is since it was in his bed....was he in his bed at the time he peed?  If so it may have been a dream, or being in sound sleep did not wake up to urinate (relaxed urination)

Urinating twice in two days is not normal.....he should be going more then that!  Check him gums to make sure they are still pink!

I would watch him close or have him checked pretty soon!

What AquaGirl is saying Bo has done to her is more of a sign of affection....dogs will usually grow out of urinating when excited or being touched...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. Thor is five months old. He was in his bed when he peed, but not asleep, he was walking in circles "Digging" the bed to get comfortable, then he just started peeing. Also, just to clear up, he didn't only pee twice in two days, rather he peed twice inside.

I'll make sure to watch him today for symptoms of UTI, if he gets worse, or doesn't get better, I'll take him to the vet.

Thanks again  :D.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
He is still pretty young.  How often do you take him outside?  I would try to take him out every hour AND after every meal, drink and nap.  Maybe you just got lucky the past couple of months ;)

Don't get discouraged though, if it isn't a UTI he will get the hang of it.  Felix wasn't reliably house trained until 7 months.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the encouragement and recommendations.
I take him out every hour and after every time I feed him, although we have two toddlers and three cats in the house so he gets LOTS of exercise, which means LOTS of water drinking, so maybe I should take him out more often than is usually required.
I'll try this for a day or two and, as Thor's uncle said, if he doesn't get better, or if he gets worse, I'll take him to the vet. Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
10 Posts
UTI sounds like the right diagnoses!  Zeus had lots of those as a puppy.  He actually had to take 2 antibiotics back to back because his got so bad!  We thought he was slipping in his house training as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts