Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I posted on health concerns already but Iv had no luck.
Seeing if any of you has ever seen this?

14 months old Male, out of no where this strange muscle,tendon, bump thing popped up on his thigh/hip on his left side, it only comes on when he put pressure on it to walk, doesn’t seem to be causing any pain when walking, or when I press/massage it. Iv taken him to the vet and the vet said it might be from the Benadryl shot he got a few days ago, but they were very busy and were definitely just guessing.

Very strange, I’m taking him to the vet again soon but I’d like to talk to someone who has seen this before possibly, Iv been furiously googling but haven’t been able to come
Up with anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
518 Posts
I am still thinking that has something to do with that shot as well I would think if it was something really bad he would be limping you said he got stung in the face with a bee, maybe they got him in the rear as well? I think you should see that vet again and ask specifically where they gave the shot and was it just Benadryl?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I went back two days ago he said that is the general area they gave him the shot. And yes just Benadryl. But I don’t think he was able to give him his full attention. It wasn’t an “official visit” they squeezed us in very quickly and didn’t make a report or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Well I can certainly see why your concerned! But Boxer's do tend to swell up in funny way's?? My Bella got an insect sting and her face swelled up like the Michelin Man?? Off to the vet we go! She got a "Shot." I don't recall what or where but she was fine.

I have not seen what you show before but if it is not causing pain and that was the injection site?? Most likely all will be back to normal in a couple of day?? :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
when you go back let us know what they say or let us know if it goes away. I have had my boxers swell up with injections before as well they can be pretty sensitive to things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts