Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
14 month old male, was brought to the Vet today for swollen eye (he’s very stoic and didn’t yip when something bit him so we wanted to make sure it wasn’t something worse then a bee sting) when we got back he slept for an hour due to the Benadryl, after his nap I took him for a walk and noticed a weird muscle in his rear left leg was flexing every time he took a step (almost thought it was bone untill I felt it) he’s not limping or taking any weight off of it, when I touch and massage it he’s not flinching or pulling away so I don’t think that it’s painful, although he is extremely stoic and I don’t know if he’d show many signs of it hurting.....please any help or info would be very appreciated!! I can attach a video if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
458 Posts
Is that where they gave him the shot? Sometimes they swell from shots. Maybe was stung there? Did he get into bees? Looks like a swelling along a tendon. I would think if this was a muscle pull he would be limping. I would keep an eye on that and see if it goes down or gets bigger.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that where they gave him the shot? Sometimes they swell from shots. Maybe was stung there? Did he get into bees? Looks like a swelling along a tendon. I would think if this was a muscle pull he would be limping. I would keep an eye on that and see if it goes down or gets bigger.
Sorry I should of said that he was stung above the eye, he looked like a pro boxer for a couple hours lol, but I didn’t even think about if they have him the shot there...since of covid we weren’t allowed inside the vet.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I would keep an eye on that it should go down by tomorrow if the shot was the cause. I have a boy who is al most 14 months old too he is very stoic as well

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still no luck, “muscle” still swollen.....

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
If your dog is fine and showing no signs of discomfort or being lame, I would lean towards what luvmiboxers said about the shot. I would call the vet that treated him for the bee sting and see what they think. Also you can ask if the shot was given in that area, and if they ever saw reactions like that in other dogs.

I know my guy reacts to the rabies shot and he will get a good size lump on his thigh for a couple weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts