Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been feeding my now 5 months old boxer Nox Acana Large Breed Puppy and he's been doing wonderfully on it. The problem is that since I'm from Slovenia Acana is really hard for me to get (only one store sells it and their supply is limited). The store has run out of the large breed puppy food so I'm planning on switching him to Acana Regionals Wild Prairie.

The Question: Could he have any problems if I switch him directly on to the new food since I have very little of the old food left? The formulas seem to be very similar.

Also I feed dry food for breakfast and lunch and he eats raw for dinner, if it matters. Sometimes breakfast and lunch become brunch. :D

Also here are some pictures just because.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
So I've been feeding my now 5 months old boxer Nox Acana Large Breed Puppy and he's been doing wonderfully on it. The problem is that since I'm from Slovenia Acana is really hard for me to get (only one store sells it and their supply is limited). The store has run out of the large breed puppy food so I'm planning on switching him to Acana Regionals Wild Prairie.

The Question: Could he have any problems if I switch him directly on to the new food since I have very little of the old food left? The formulas seem to be very similar.

Also I feed dry food for breakfast and lunch and he eats raw for dinner, if it matters. Sometimes breakfast and lunch become brunch. :D

Also here are some pictures just because.
I feed Acana and do a rotation between 3-4 different Acanas pretty seamlessly. Might have 1 day where the stool is a little different, but I have had no issues at all. Only way I could see it a problem is if your pup is allergic to a certain protein that might be different.

Great looking pup!

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome`to the forum, very nice looking pup. I also think that if your with the same brand and the formulas are similar you shouldn't have a problem. I feed a different brand but there are times I switch too but staying within a similar blend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts