Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So here's something that I thought would be interesting to get others opinions on..

What do you think happens to your beloved pet when they're gone? Not to get in too deep about a sad topic even if you don't have an opinion I'd like to hear an uplifting story of something that happened after your pet passed to show you they were OK. Kind of a Chicken Soup for the Soul thing.

The reason this interests me is because after my Lucky passed I kept replaying a church sermon in my head from years ago about dogs not having souls. The pastor truly believed it and I was wondering how everyone sitting their listening felt because I didn't want to believe it at all! So I pleaded with God and asked him to give me a sign that Lucky was safe and happy in a wonderful doggy afterlife and this is what happened:

That very evening I was at my grandma's and everyone was in mid conversation about Lucky resembling Falcore the luck dragon from the 80s movie Neverending Story. While in conversation..I look at the TV and there is literally a commercial playing with a guy riding on Falcore's back! I mean this is a fictional character from an 80s movie!! What are the chances?!?

After that I was on my way home and went to the gas station. I pull up and right in front of me is a big sign that says "Lucky for Life". Apparently it's a lottery game so I had to buy a ticket. I didn't win but oh well that was probably Lucky saying mom save your money!

Last thing..a few days ago I was digging in my purse and at the bottom I found this:

Still wrapped in the packaging but I could tell it's been in their for awhile cuz the wrapper had some purse gunk in it..broken make up n stuff lol. Where did it come from? I asked around and still don't know!

So my conclusion..dogs DO have souls and they are waiting for us at the Rainbow Bridge..but having too much fun to be sad and worry about us!!

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I believe all living things have souls or an energy that is released when they die. I think it is really inappropriate and irresponsible for a pastor to make a statement that dogs don't. Whether or not you believe in "God" I think all things on the earth contribute to the vibration and energy that is life.

I have had experiences like you have had. Your Lucky is telling you that his energy is still around you. Do I think there is a Rainbow Bridge? Well, not really. I think it is a metaphor for when your energy and their energy (or soul) will be reunited at some point. It gives us hope and a coping mechanism to deal with loss. As humans we need to make sense out of chaos and this is one way we do it.

You are entitled to believe what you wish! I am so happy that you have been given these little signs. They can really help us deal with the loss of a beloved friend.

I am really interested to hear what others will contribute!

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
I also believe that all living things have souls or as Roccosmom said, an eternal energy.

I was raised Roman Catholic, and Roman Catholic's also believe that animals don't have souls, only humans do. How egomaniacal!

I unfortunately can't say I recall any signs like this, but it's been a long time since I've had a pet pass away and I was too young at the time to likely notice.

It's very cool that you've received all those signs!

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Oh I certainly believe in their energy; my Mom who lives with us also brought her Lab/Shepherd cross, Wally, when she moved in. I must say he was an awesome dog and was loved by everyone. After he had passed I would swear I felt him leaning against my legs the way he used to. My Mom felt him laying his head on her lap the way he used to. Absolutely ... their energy is around us

·
Registered
353 Posts
Wow!! This gave me goosebumps!! Know that Lucky is in a good place. Take comfort in that. Absolutely, without a doubt, our furbabies have souls. I would almost argue that they have purer souls than we do because they love unconditionally. Lucky is telling you he's ok!

·
Super Moderator
13,468 Posts
Yes I believe our pets have souls and I believe they have ways of letting us know they are still around (maybe just to comfort us)
After my siamese passed I could still hear his meow from time to time and it was a distinctive meow. One of my other cats used to always sleep behind my knees and when she passed I could actually feel her jump on the bed and lie down behind my knees. I would actually sit up and look but could never see anything. Those things faded over time which is why I think they do it to comfort us - as our grief lessens, so did those "visits"

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love hearing all of these stories and thoughts! ❤❤

I had another little sign from Lucky today. Can't believe they keep coming. My dad passed when I was 12 and I always felt like Lucky was a gift from him..and now I think they're best friends up there lol.

So anyways I got a coupon for a free movie..I never rent movies so I just picked some random one that I never heard of. In this movie the little boy has an imaginary dog named Lucky who is his best friend. I had to rewind it at first to make sure I heard it right!!

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts