Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious about the Boxers chewing tendencies.  I know it's a general question and all dogs are different, but I was wondering if they do better with stuffy type toys or the harder nylabone type of chew toys? Which type lasts longer?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Fiona looooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeessssssssss her stuffed squeeker toys....but the stuffing always ends up pulled out sooner or later.  She has many of "hard toys".  She loves her Kong but I think it is because she relates that to peanut butter.  Otherwise, when she goes to the basket it is usually a softie she picks first so therefore her hard toys last longer because she does not play with them as often.  :D

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Chloe is pretty good with her toys and has only destroyed a few since we had her. She has both, stuffy fleece ones and the harder ones, and her favortie one that we got her when she was 9 weeks old is a fleece one and she still has it and it's been almost 3 years.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Kane loves his chicken -- still carrying it everywhere he goes.  He squeeks it and then makes little whimpering sounds.  He always goes and gets it when he wants to go out.  Trouble is he wants to bring the chicken outside with him, and he looks like such a goof with the chicken in his mouth.  He also loves the fleece toys and has yet to destroy anything.  Sophie loves anything that squeaks.  Bought them the mallard yesterday and a different type of squeeky chicken (Harriett).  Kane takes all his favorites and hides them under the pillows so Sophie can't have them.  He's such a brat.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I would have to say plastic.... Everytime we get Jessie a stuff toy she ripes in apart within a half hour, or she tries to ripe it open and take or the squeekie thing inside

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Henry is pretty partial to the sutffed animals with squeakers.  He also likes those squeaky tennis balls.  He'll just lay there and squeak it, drive me nuts! :lol:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Donner is good with either type of toy. Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in on furry, squeaky toys though- We ended up putting away the fur squeaks, we have several cats and Donner had a stage of pouncing on them (turns out they sound/feel? just like a squeaky toy ) we were afraid as he got bigger that someone was going to be seriously hurt. After those toys were put away the kitty pouncing decreased right away.
Hope this isn't too far off the topic to include here.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Definitely soft stuffed toys are a favorite around here. Samson's front teeth are just about gone, so he's partial to the real soft toys...He has never liked the nylabones at all until I started buying the edible ones, oh he loves those! Angel likes them all, it depends on her mood, but she is hard on toys...That's why I had to buy so many new ones :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Jaxon has a puppy nylabone and loves it.  He also has tons of doggie tennis balls and knotted rope type toys.  He plays fetch a lot and will occasionally bring a knotted rope, but not too often.  He also likes his booda.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
When the girls play with their toys they will only play with stuffed ones. If it is hard they tend to stay away from it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts