Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Sudden death of 9 year old.

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Satchel n Mac 
#1 ·
Hi guys. I'm on Boxer forums because my girl is a Boxer mix, but my boyfriend's family's dog was a Rottweiler Pitt mix (best guess anyway) of 9 years, and he was so loved by all the family. He passed away today, and my boyfriend and I, and certainly his family, are absolutely devastated.
He was a little chubby, and a month prior he had had some tumors removed that they are waiting for results on, but in general he was a happy healthy boy. I saw him this weekend, and we had him last weekend and he was running and playing; acting 100 percent healthy and normal.
Apparently he was doing on his favorite things, and being a flirt with on of the sister's many high school friends, and bf's Mom. Then they went inside for 15 minutes, and when the Mom called him in, he didn't come, and she found him lying down behind the bushes, she said he looked almost like Iije he was sleeping.
I just wondered if anyone has an idea of what it might have been? We're hurting, and I think it would help to at least have some idea of what the cause might've been.

#2 ·
I am so sorry ... but this is part where they "Hybrid Vigor" thing fails. By and large it would appear that anyway that gets involves involved with any on these guys "PB" or Combinations there of :
Molossers breeds (Molosser dogs, Molossers, Mastiff breeds)

Are doing pretty good if they make it to "Ten Years!" It just seems to be the way it is?? Rocky is "Ten" this year! So I'm a bit uneasy ... I have not done so well at that land mark thus far "Struddell and Gunther" see link above.

Rocky GSD) appears to be doing just fine thus far. 12 to 15 on average for GSD's. Sorry for your friends loss ... that sucks. :(

#3 ·
His big heart gave out...Valant went away like that too...its comforting to know that they dont really suffer going out this way,way better than a long disease.

Run free big boy.

#10 ·
Thank you guys, I really appreciate it. He was such an extraordinary guy, and we love him so so much. All the thoughts mean a lot, and it's much easier having an idea of might've happened. My boyfriend loved that wonderful boy so much, and he's been having a really hard time, and I told him what you guys thought, and I could tell it helped. Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.