Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some advice. We have an 8 year old female boxer (Roxy) and she is our first family dog. She is an amazing dog and she adores all of us as we do her. She's very healthy and all vaccinations and worming is up to date. The issue we have is over the past few months her behaviour had changed a lot. She has started to go though the rubbish bins and eat anything she can. She licks and the carpets, floors and sofa and is excessively drooling. She's a lot more 'needy' than normal (I work from home so she's never alone for anymore than an hour while I'm on the school run) and she has become very aggressive towards other dogs and she used to love to interact with them before. She was at the vet about 3 months ago and blood tests came back normal. Vet said she's in great health for her age.
We're really confused as to why she's changed so much and was wondering if anyone could give us some advice. Thanks

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Could be a bunch of different things, but if it was my pup I would go back to the vet. Excessive drooling, licking can be something as simple as a bad tooth, which could also change behavior if she is in pain. It could be so many different things I would want my vet to check it out though. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I would also check in with the vet. She is 8 so considered a senior at this point. The excessive drooling would alarm me enough to go back. It could be something simple as something stuck in a tooth from going thru the rubbish. Perhaps something new you are cleaning with ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts