Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

While at the beach today, our 18 month old female boxer "Bailey" suddenly collapsed (although my wife and I didnt see it but we assume so). Basically she was lying on her side in very shallow water (maybe a couple of inches deep) lifting her head up so as to not drown (!!!). All four legs were lame and she looked very scared and confused. I rolled her on to her stomach and she eventually started panting which made me think she may not have been breathing properly while on her side. Anyway in about a minute she is back on her feet again (after i lifted her up) running around chasing a ball like a lunatic as though nothing had happened.

I'm sure something similar happened when she was about 6 months old. Anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
Wow, I can't imagine how frightening, that must have been! You also deserve a big thumbs up for saving her, you could have just froze up and it sounds like she would could have drowned? So job well done. :)

You have to get her to the Vet. And yeah I suspect heart issues also? Sadly not uncommon. But depending on the particular issue, to be found? Medication could allow her to live a normal life. But for right now ... certainly stay out of the water and cut down on the running around till you get her checked out. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
That could have been a heart episode. Was she from health tested parents? If not this is a high probability. Don’t let her run crazy until you get her checked out if it is her heart she could die suddenly so please make an appointment with your Vet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts