Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!
Within the last 30 minutes, my 7 year old,Mr. Smee, has had his eyes turn bright red and are now droopy! I immediately gave him 50mg of Benadryl in case of an allergic reaction but was wondering if anyone has experienced this or know what in the world it could be?
I am totally freaking out over here! Was it allergies, infection, or anything else? He seems really sleepy and is constantly closing his eyes while sitting up, even before the Benadryl dose.
He is walking fine and is responding normally so I don't think it could be a stroke, but who knows!
The first picture is of him now and the 2nd is of this afternoon, such a huge difference!
I would appreciate any help or advice anyone can give. My poor lil guy.
Thank you so much!

Joy and Mr. Smee

Attachments

· Registered
1,743 Posts
Sometimes the eye redness is caused by upset stomach, as well as allergic reaction is there anything new to him like any foods or strong home fragrances? My dogs react to mold like this if they have been out in moldy leaves. If it continues I would take him for a check up with the Vet benedryl while it’s a good thing to keep in your doggie first aide does not eliminate allergic reaction it can lesson it. I love the pictures by the way!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts