Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My 15 month old is on 1 1/2 cups of Canidae for breakfast and dinner. Starting yesterday, she stopped finishing her meals. This morning, she didn't touch anything. Her attitude is good and she wants to play, but I'm very worried. Do you have suggestions?

THanks

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Maybe she is bored with it, I know that my lab mix i have to switch her food periodicly because she just doesn't want it anymore.  Do  you put anything in her food?  I know that if I put an egg or some chicken in there food one night the next morning they will just sit there and stare at their food like wheres all the good stuff.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
That is how Maddie got with the Canidae. She did really good on that food, but just stoppped eating it. Weird. Maybe she is just having an off day. Sometimes Maddie will go a whole day without eating. I would keep an eye on her and see how she is the rest of the day and tomorrow.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
Mercedes has lived with us for about 2 months. She has been on that food with us, and her previous owner.

We don't mix anything in with the food.

We were mixing with water, but recently switched over to dry. We've tried both dry and with water this morning trying to get her to eat.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I recently put Tyson on the Canidae and he doesn't eat all of it like he used to when I had him on Royal Canin.  Maybe she is just bored of it.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Duke went throught that for a while when we first got him.  We started giving him his food dry and he wouldn't eat it, so we would wet it down and he still wouldn't eat it.  He was just being stubborn....so I took his food away and gave it back at lunch time and he ate....He figured out fast that he would eat when it was time to eat or he would wait until the next time.  I don't have time in the morning to fight him because I have to get to work. I hated it at first because I didn't want him to be hungry but he learned fast.  He will be a year this month and he doesn't miss meals very often.  :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
She might just not feel up to eating today.
Is she at least drinking?
If she is drinking and just not eating today...I wouldn't worry too much about it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE:
My daughter sat down next to the crate (we always feed in the crate) and stayed there till she finished most of her breakfast. Finally finished it about 10:30 this morning which is about 4 hours later than normal.

I'm convinced she is being stubborn and a bit of a pill. Tonight if she doesn't eat her dinner, I'm going to just take it away and she can wait till breakfast.

Thanks everyone. No longer very worried.

GT

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Yea, sometimes they just get a wild hair up their butts and decide not to eat...As long as she is drinking water tho....Could be tho, as others have said she may be bored with the food. I had that happen with Angel when I was feeding Nutro

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
We struggled with Inflammatory Bowel Disease for 8-1/2 years.  If Adidas was drinking or eating more than usual we knew we might be also looking at pancreatitis. Then later he would refuse to eat or drink.  The surrounding inflammation in the intestine set the pancreas off.  We would run a Spec-cPL test to see if pancreatic specific enzymes were high and then needed to fast (no food or water) for awhile.

Ann

1 - 11 of 11 Posts