Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bshelp: how the heck do i get rid of these dang things?? Ihave two issues with them. 1. I just bought a bag of dog food and they got in it.I really dont want to throw it away since it is brand new, BUT i dont think it is good a good idea to serve it to my babies. and 2...i cant get rid of them. I clean the trail whenever i find them and put Boric Acid out, this is what i was told that is pet friendly and will also kill them, but it doesnt seem to be helping. I can only find one ant mound and put ant killer on it. I just dont know what else to do.....they just keep appearing and getting into EVERYTHING ~X(

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
They are bad at the campground where we have a camper set up. We use the Combat Ant Traps, kept up high, countertops, ect. They work great! We replace them twice per year, and that seems to work well. They are small, and can be anchored with double sided tape. They aren't actually "traps" but we find the area near them littered with dead ants. After about a week...we didn't have an ant problem at all.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I use an insect spray on the perimeter of my house every six months that seems to stop all the different bugs from coming in.  I just keep Ringer away from the areas I sprayed for a couple days due to his grass fetish.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Is there a place to put a "trap" that is dog safe?  We had a problem with them a few years back in an apartment and the Raid traps worked very well.  We stuck 2 under some furniture and in a day or two we never saw them again.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
What are sugar ants...can't say i've heard of them before.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Terro Ant Baits are the best.   The poison part is basically just Borax, so its harmless to pets.   The ants take it back to the queen and they all eat it and go to ant heaven.

http://www.terro.com/

I get the pre-filled traps at Lowes.   Highly recommended.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Beat me to it Sizzam..we have them here  in Texas..Terro is the BOMB for stopping an invasion...also..this is kinda wierd..but follow the ants as the go BACK out of the house..( Usually a window moulding for us)..and caulk that baby closed!! Kinda gross to see dead little ants in it...but you have to stop the entry piont somehow! I know it took me several hours to figure it out..but once you trail them..PLUG IT UP!! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts