Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts
G

·
:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  i am so sorry for your loss of sweet sugar bear.  i can imagine the joy and love she brought you all those years.

what a tough decision for you and my prayers are with you to heal your pain.

RIP sweet sugar bear

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss.  We lost ours last November at 9-1/2 years to cancer connected to the Prostate.  I have no doubt you spent those last weeks giving her tremendous love and affection.  Ours let us know that last day and was not in pain.  There was no fear in his eyes as I held him in my arms, and it is the hardest thing I ever had to do.  You do start to remember the silly and better times, but most of all you think about how lucky you were to have had them come into your life.  That is a wonderful gift.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am sitting here crying, remembering my old man, Hank. He beat cancer once, removed the tumor, same as sugarbear. He passed not four months after that, of a mystery to me. Though similar. I am so sorry for your loss. It has only been 5 months for me, and it still hurts. Though I have Max now, I still think alot of Hank. They become a part of our family life, and have a direct impact on your mood some days, or sypathize the way no Human can, with their presence. And just being there. I am sure that Sugar Bear is waiting with all the other pups on the other side for you and all her friends. We are only granted a few years with any dog, but their impact can last a lifetime. It is the same with people. Some people come and go out of your life, and there was a reason, we will never know why. Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers. And a big hug from Indy your way!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I'm so sorry about Hank hanksmom.  I guess some of us are out here just getting through the day.  I think grief is a bully sometimes - nasty, ugly, and keeps coming back to give us another punch when we are most helpless.  It's a day for tears here.  OMG I can't wait for the pup in September.  Hugs -

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Oh, I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet sugar bear. And no, I don't think you're crazy! I'm sitting here now with tears streaming down my face. When you love another being, it doesn't matter what species, you suffer from their loss. I lost my senior Chow Chow, Delilah, when she was age 15. She didn't seem "old" until the last year when she went down quickly. It's hard and it took me a long time to be ready for another dog.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.