Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Abby is a big nester...she digs into anything she can, loves to be covered, when she is occassionally allowed on the bed, she sckooshes right under the covers and whenever the closet door is open she curls right under the lower level of the clothes  and curls up to sleep.  

I have tried to make her crate nest-like for her by covering with towels, etc but she thinks it is i just a game and pulls the towels through with her teeth...I've see the crate covers but know that she will end up tearing it when she can't get it pull in with her.

Anyone do anything interesting to cozy up their crates?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Have you tried the airline type plastic solid crate?  It's more enclosed giving it a more den like feel and you don't have to worry about Abby pulling a cover through.  I was told once to use cardboard on my wire crate but just to be sure to cut holes in it for ventilation.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know, I haven't tried it because plastic things are her favorite chew/shred toys...whether the plastic is a toy or not and I fear that she will have it shredded before the end of day one (although I suspect it would the most fun day she ever has...imagine all that plastic she could shred!!!!) Cardbard may be an idea though, if I use cardboard to cover the the sides (except for the front...she must be able to see her brother or she'll go crazy) and then cover that with a blanket, she won't be able to pull it through. Great idea! Thank you!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
i was thinking the same thing...great idea Dan !!..you could even make it cute and find white cardboard and then buy some cute contact paper with paws on it or something..make it look really fun...maybe im just a dork...haha sounded good in my head...

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I have one of those airline crates nad they are great!!! The plastic is very strong, yes it has chew marks on it, thanks to Samson, but he's never been able to get out of it....I believe i got mine at Petsmart and actually paid less for it than I did for the wire crate....Has a great door on it that is escape proof and you can actually hang a water bottle on it as well, for ttraveling purposes..They break down into 2 pieces, which makes it easier to store if you ever need to...Brand name is Petmate, Deluxe Pet Porter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts