Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

suggestions for outdoor toys?

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Ky_IsisnOnyxsMama 
#1 ·
Now that I have the fence, Oggie is outside a lot with me.  I am trying to get him some good outdoor toys he won't destroy!  He's pretty good about playing with anything (sticks are a popular one) but most toys don't last.  Any ideas for good outdoor toys?  He gets bored of tennis balls.  Seriously his favorite toy right now is a deflated leather soccer ball, I bought it for 3 bucks at target and he popped it within 5 minutes but he runs around with the thing like it's a dead bird or something.  Pretty funny.

#7 ·
Well i had exactly the same with Zulu, he loves balls :lol:   seriously, he is a ball freak!

I got so sick of buying balls every second day and he would pop them in 2 seconds flat. So i got him a Boomer ball, its an indestructable ball, Zulu has had his for over a year now. Its got teeth marks and thing but he goes crazy for it. Defenetly a worthwhile buy if he loves balls too :lol:  :lol:  :D

#8 ·
Jolly Ball!  :D  Nearly indestructable! I say nearly because I do know of a boxer that chewed the handle off, but they are awesome toys. I still have the same one that Buster had, and it's about 8 years old now! Great outdoor ball!

http://www.petco.com/product/6025/Jolly ... -Toys.aspx

#11 ·
The Jolly balls are great :) We have a couple Zanies frisbees, real flexible, a small tire, a Wiggly Giggly, and a few balls, but Angel's favorite is also the RC car, which is currently in pieces on the bench til Marq fixes it

#13 ·
samsonsaunt\";p=\"122376 said:
but Angel's favorite is also the RC car said:
And we won't even TALK about the helicopter...heehee!!

Lol, well she's gotten a lot better now...She pretty much steers clear of it while Marq is flying :) Flick got iniatated yesterday while I was out shopping...Marq says he caught on pretty fast

#14 ·
I hear you about the leather ball, I had a pretty decent football I thought would be fun, once he got a good hold on it I heard "POP.... PSSSSSSSSSST!!!!" as all the air came out, then he ran around with it like he was hauling the Stanley Cup over his head.  Kong makes the toys that are kinda shaped tennis ball toys, they are the Air Dog toys, Cassius really likes the dumbbell. It is way more interesting than a regular tennis ball but just as durable.   We also have the Wubba outside but he's torn off all the streamers, we still use the main body of it to play fetch.Toys

#15 ·
tootsie, so we got a Jolly Ball for Cassius this past weekend, we got the one with a rope through it rather than the handle.  Let's just say this NEEDs to be an OUTDOOR ONLY toy because Jolly Ball was more like Wrecking Ball.  That said the rope through the middle is now gone but he still loves the ball and I like it cause it is a bit bigger than the typical tennis ball etc.  I think the fact that it "reinflates" itself makes it more interesting for him, but he has punctured it several times already but it's still doing great.

#17 ·
I just ordered Zulu a jolly ball off the net so should be here this Tuesday or Wednesday. I went for the rope one instead of the hancle one so it can still roll around, cant wait to get it!!!!! :D  :D  :D

#18 ·
I'd be really interested in what Zulu makes of the Jolly Ball. The reason why Freddie didn't like the Boomer Ball (or rather the reason I didn't like the Boomer Ball) was that it kept rolling and he couldn't get a proper grip on it or get his teeth into it. The Jolly Ball sounds just the job - it won't roll away because it's got either a handle or rope and he should be able to grip it.

#19 ·
sully i saw invesst in about 5 cheap soccer balls haha...my american bully used to do the same thing and would play with the deflated one for hours and days..why switch a good thing hahahaha and its priceless how they act once they deflate it ...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.